Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Do you enjoy your job?  (Read 13461 times)

musicworld1

Rookie

Re: Do you enjoy your job?
    « Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 11:23:57 PM »
    i enjoy my job because i am working online and i like online workinng
    so i like my job.

hopemy

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 01:07:53 AM »
      Quite funny. Thanks for all your replies.
      Well, I graduated from university last year. Now, I have a job relates to computer. But I don't think I like computer.
      Days just pass, and feel no aim in my work and my life....

hopemy

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 01:09:51 AM »
        This forum is quite good, and people here are friendly.
        Don't like computer much but like this forum... ;)

soybean

Genius
        • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 10:02:01 AM »
        I graduated from university last year.
        What was your major in college? Is your job related to your major subject area?

Can you share some details about your current job? Basically, what does it entail?

Starwind51

Intermediate

• I have 5 points and I love to flash
          « Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 11:00:21 PM »
          I work in a college library across the road from a runway of a major airport.  The library has big windows that are across the room from my desk.  Although the room faces generally west, it gets lots of natural sunlight throughout the day.  I see planes a split second before they actually touch down, but the real jolt (of joy) comes from unexpectedly seeing a plane a split second after it has taken off.  The sunlight, the windows, and the airplanes have nothing to do with what my job IS, but environment has a great deal to do with job satisfaction, and this is a great physical environment.  For a long time I was miserable at my job, though.  I was just a low-level grunt.  Then I started thinking up tasks that weren't in my job description, and even though I wasn't being paid any extra to be creative, I've made a BIG difference in how we do things because I took the time to figure out how to do things better using computer technology.  Now I am recognized for my creativity and initiative.  This is partly why I get paid more than the other medium-level grunts.  Being able to use your talents and express yourself is a big part of job satisfaction.  Also, I get to wear jeans, sneakers, and tee shirts every day, so comfort is a big factor, too.  Without all this my job would be merely to smile, say "May I help you?", and get the person a book.  That would not be a happy situation.

musicworld1

Rookie

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 12:10:31 AM »
            No i cannot enjoy my job.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
            • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
              • Yes
              • Yes
              • BC-Programming.com
            • Certifications: List
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 12:33:41 AM »
            No i cannot enjoy my job.

i enjoy my job because i am working online and i like online workinng
            so i like my job.

make up your mind mr.spammer.
            I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

hopemy

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 01:02:29 AM »
              What was your major in college? Is your job related to your major subject area?

Can you share some details about your current job? Basically, what does it entail?

My major in college is economics. Most of my classmates have the jobs in a bank, scottrade and so on. But I don't like it.
              My current job is English Customer Support in a software company, just because I like English. (I am a Chinese).
              I reply emails from different countries. I am using English everyday, but I don't think I have learned any skills.
              Feel so confused..

blackrainbow

Hopeful

• For the Emperor!
                • Yes
                • Yes
                • Freaks geeks and autographs shop
              • Experience: Familiar
              « Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 02:49:22 AM »
              im not in a job :( im on a training course. :/ all im doing is sitting on a computer making my self look busy (sitting on facebook playing games and such)  but i get paid for it so its not all bad and some times the days seem to drag so on some days its good other days its bad.

an8el

Beginner
              • Humblistic
                • Lots of stuff here
              « Reply #24 on: June 29, 2010, 06:33:31 AM »
              I have been sort of depressed lately, which is why I've been hanging out online instead of working. Socializing seems to help me get motivated. So my job is feeling better, strangely enough. It's actually kind of a drag.
              Would rather be working, because I used to enjoy my work. In previous incarnations, have three major jobs, but sometimes I think that many of the things I do to survive that most people pay other people to do should count as "Work" too.
              main job is publishing a tiny phone book for a small town - but that only happens for a few months a year. Didn't do that last year, this year I'm late with it.
              Another seasonal job is...  I paint cartoons on windows, paint letters on windows and cars. I like doing that one OK. (Now if only my car would work.)
              My favorite job is teaching people movement education (Alexander Technique.) I'd like to do more of that, but I'm living in a place where nobody knows what it is and so it's sort of an uphill battle to get people interested in it.  I keep a blog on it, write articles about it, talk to people about it and generally schmooze about it. Every once in awhile a workshop hires me, which is really fun to do. Wish I had more students. I'm learning to teach it virtually, which is a pretty big stretch - but I love challenges most of the time. So would like to learn to do Skype conference interviews and stuff with interesting people.

¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°Aloha,
              ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸from
              ¸„ø¤º° Frani ``°º¤ø„¸

sagebrush

Beginner

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2010, 10:53:53 AM »
                You'll never know how much you enjoy your job until you don't have it any longer.  Get laid off after 34 years on the job at age 63 and find the nation isn't in a rush to hire someone your age and still have 4 years to retirement age. Then you will know how much you enjoyed your job.
                Sage

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
                  • Yes
                  • Yes
                  • BC-Programming.com
                « Reply #26 on: July 04, 2010, 11:37:08 AM »
                Then you will know how much you enjoyed your job.

I don't. I enjoy the company of some of the people I work with, and some of them make me question wether there is a such thing as a non-sentient human, but I do NOT enjoy my job.

Now, that being said, I only work there 2 days a week, and it's only really so that I have a sure amount for the basics, since my website and it's income is unpredictable, and I don't really like that feeling of uncertainty. Because if that, perhaps I would be more proper to consider the programming, maintenance and writing that I do for my site and my programs I develop as my job, in which case, I love it.

overthehill

Apprentice

• Keep Canada beautiful. Swallow your beer cans.
                  • Yes
                  • Yes
                « Reply #27 on: July 04, 2010, 12:22:04 PM »
                You'll never know how much you enjoy your job until you don't have it any longer.  Get laid off after 34 years on the job at age 63 and find the nation isn't in a rush to hire someone your age and still have 4 years to retirement age. Then you will know how much you enjoyed your job.
                Well sagebrush,I know exactly how you feel. Personally I'm not complaining any longer though, it's been years now. Without trying to out do your situation I was a number of years younger than you are/were, and had put in just over 40 yrs when they shut down my work place. And yea, because of my age, I wanted to get in a few more years. Too old to work, and too young to retire, and I never did get hired again! Eventually it all pans out though. My complaint now (as you can see earlier in this thread) ,is that the time goes just too fast. Anyway, you're not alone in this type of situation, and knowing this, I hope this somehow makes you feel just a little wee bit better. ;) 
                And,at the risk of getting a little philosophical , even if you do not get to "work out" again, things will, work out.   overthehill

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
                  • Yes
                  • Yes
                  • BC-Programming.com
                « Reply #28 on: July 04, 2010, 12:29:02 PM »
                My complaint now

Oh no! I thought, it's going to be those darn kids and his lawn....  ;D

With regard to places shutting down, a nearby Pulp mill (nearby as in in my province) closed down, so everybody was laid off.

But that actually wasn't the end of it; it was closed down because the company that owned it was bankrupt- the workers themselves pooled together and actually own the place now- thus many of them managed to avoid finding themselves in the "you young to retire, too old to work" category.

overthehill

Apprentice

• Keep Canada beautiful. Swallow your beer cans.
                  • Yes
                  • Yes
                « Reply #29 on: July 04, 2010, 12:41:19 PM »
                With th regard to places shutting down, a nearby Pulp mill (nearby as in in my province) closed down, so everybody was laid off.

But that actually wasn't the end of it; it was closed down because the company that owned it was bankrupt- the workers themselves pooled together and actually own the place now- thus many of them managed to avoid finding themselves in the "you young to retire, too old to work" category.

As a matter of fact that was tried at my work place(pooling to purchase) but the US company that owned us (and shut us down) would not hear of it. They didn't want the competition.