Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I reject a WU?  (Read 11750 times)

Fleexy

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• OW NEXT TIME I SHOULD TURN IT OFF BEFORE SERVICING
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
How do I reject a WU?
« on: June 22, 2010, 06:53:57 PM »
I just received a /2500 WU.  My computer will never finish that, even if left on all the time.  The deadline is July 13.  Today is June 22.  With my schedule of 25/ a day, I need 100 days to do that.  How can I reject this WU and get a new one?  Do I get some credit even though it wouldn't be finished?
______
FLEEXY
I love .NET!

overthehill

Apprentice

• Keep Canada beautiful. Swallow your beer cans.
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: How do I reject a WU?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 08:58:16 PM »
I just received a /2500 WU.  My computer will never finish that, even if left on all the time.  The deadline is July 13.  Today is June 22.  With my schedule of 25/ a day, I need 100 days to do that.  How can I reject this WU and get a new one?  Do I get some credit even though it wouldn't be finished?
______
FLEEXY
As far as rejecting? I can't help you. Never had to do that. I was a little alarmed at first when I saw the 2500 but if I remember correctly I believe that it counts in increments of 25? not increments of one. It's been my experience that "cruisin702" may be the one to ask about your concerns. cruisin702 probably would be able to answer most of your questions.

Fleexy

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• OW NEXT TIME I SHOULD TURN IT OFF BEFORE SERVICING
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 11:53:57 AM »
Ah yes, it does go in 25s.  It's already at 200 after two hours.
I love .NET!

cruisin702

Hopeful

• Yes
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 01:55:44 PM »
It looks like you have already figured this out but the size of the WU doesn't equal the complexity of the steps in the WU. Some larger WUs will fold faster than smaller WUs because they are less complex. You can set up your client to only allow smaller WUs but this puts you at a disadvantage waiting in line for one of those smaller units to become available. As for your actual question, WUs can be deleted by deleting the que data but this is extremely discouraged and I believe can actually get you suspended or banned. Your machines data is retrieved by the client and unless you go through specific steps to only receive larger more complex WUs normally you will not receive a WU which your machine won't finish by the deadline working a couple of hours a day.