Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: having trouble installing newest version of itunes  (Read 24327 times)

macygirl

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: having trouble installing newest version of itunes
    « Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 09:10:54 PM »
    Allan,  do you think it would help if I used a hammer? 

I did it all over again and disabled everything on my anti virus software and still got the same error message. 

Any other suggestions for me? 

Much appreciated

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru

macygirl

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2010, 06:19:20 AM »
      Thanks, will try all of that on Friday evening.  The only thing that I will have to do different though is I will have to download the itunes 9 instead of the older one like she had suggested.  My ipod won't work with an older version.  I'll give it a shot and let you know.

Thanks

Allan

• Mastermind
      « Reply #18 on: June 24, 2010, 06:29:11 AM »
      Yep. Sorry, but after this I'm pretty much out if ideas. I'd go back to the Apple forum and try again there.

macygirl

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 10:31:35 AM »
        Allan,

Do you know how I can install itunes without Bonjour?  If so, could you walk me through that?  You had mentioned previously that I do not need Bonjour so I thought maybe I would give that a try.   

Allan

• Mastermind
        « Reply #20 on: June 24, 2010, 10:40:27 AM »
        There is a way (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7913645) but I'm not suggesting you try it. What I really meant to say is that you can USE iTunes without running the Bonjour service. Was nothing in that link I posted helpful?

macygirl

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2010, 11:04:12 AM »
          Haven't tried the info in the link yet.  Will tomorrow night.  I was just searching around looking for more info on how to take care of this and it looks like many with this problem end up installing itunes without Bonjour and it seems to work.  So, I thought if the link info that you sent doesn't work, I'd maybe try to install without Bonjour as a last resort. 

What I would really like to do is throw my computer out the window along with my ipod and everyone else's from my household, but figure that's not going to do any good except for a little release of frustration :)   

macygirl

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2010, 03:09:27 PM »
            I gave up.  I was afraid to run the revo uninstaller for fear that I would lose all of my hundreds of dollars of songs from my itunes music file since it said it would remove ALL traces of itunes (like I mentioned earlier, I am not good at computers).  So, I used the link on how to install without Bonjour and it actually worked.  I am very happy that I finally can use itunes again and so are my kids! 

Thanks so very much for all of your help, I really, really appreciate all of your time and effort.   :)

Allan

• Mastermind
            « Reply #23 on: June 25, 2010, 04:58:03 PM »
            Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.