Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Java Programming - Does anyone here do 1 on 1 tutoring? (Through MSN)  (Read 8050 times)

..::Merlyn::..

So I have used Java for about 3 years now and i have tried many tutorials, i know how to write simple commands but i want to know more. I want to get to know the language and learn if there is anything else i can do... I use java for my RuneScape Private Server (Laugh if you must >_<) But I have a very popular server and I want to make it better still... So if you know about RSPS or can tutor me please post back.

Anyone?  :-\

Admin - Please Remove, No one can help. :(

Re: Java Programming - Does anyone here do 1 on 1 tutoring? (Through MSN)
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 06:06:33 PM »
BUMP

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 07:29:11 PM »
In the time between when you started this thread and now I have gotten <far> better at Both Java, and especially C# then I was before. To the point where C# is now my main programming language.

This isn't a reflection on how "smart" I am as much as it is a measure of how much time has passed. Time you could have used to grab a book or two about java programming, and gained some skills yourself.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that if you <didn't> buy a book or at least read a book or articles on the subject then you aren't truly interesting in programming as much as you let on. I imagine in the meantime you have indeed explored the options available to you of your own accord. Personally, Nobody "taught" me any of the programming language I knew- There was some initial guidance "here, have this spare copy of Visual Basic 2.0 Pro" but that's about it... by the time that summer break was over I was better at VB then the teacher was, and mind you, all I had was a 386 (this was in... 2003 or thereabouts) and three hours or so of computer time a day. I've found myself feeling quite the same enthusiasm with regard to C# and exploring it's limits as well.

Lastly, I don't think a "tutor" would really help, because, first, if they are on the forum, then it's not face to face, it's just text being exchanged back and forth. Therefore, it's really no different then a book, except you want somebody else to do the mastication. The thing is, the absorption of the information, despite the fact that it's the most difficult part, cannot be handheld through.

Spread your wings and fly, or something equally corny.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 02:24:47 PM »
How good are your Java skills?

- Do you know multithreading?
- Can you write Space Invaders?
- Can you write database programs (insert, update, delete)?
- Do you know all the OO concepts (Polymorphism, Abstraction, Encapsulation, etc.)

No to all statements above... Sorry

JavaAndCsharp

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 12:43:30 PM »
    Hi Merlyn,

I have just seen this thread while visiting this forum for the first time. I can do one to one tutorial online for the list below:
    - Polymorphism, Abstraction, Encapsulation, Inheritance etc.  - Java Yes
    - Multithreading - Java: In the near future
    - Database programs (insert, update, delete) - Java: In the near future
    - Space Invaders - Not yet

Let me know if these are of interest to you.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 01:14:43 PM by JavaAndCsharp »

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 07:13:24 PM »
    The OP did not say where he lived. Or what he circumstances are.

If after studding something for three years and not make progress, one would be inclined to consider is proprietors.

Reading skill is very important in Information Technology. Still, a tutor nan help in some cases. Has the OP considered the courses given at a local college? And there are many on-lines courses available, for a fee.

Microsoft is the dominant innovator in the Desktop Software Market Place. They no longer support java programming. They advocate C++ as the alternative for Windows programming. They have forums and a large database to help you learn programming for a Windows Desktop system. Just Google Microsoft C++ tutorials

Don't get me wrong. Thee is and will continue to be a place for java. But the general consensus at this time is to learn C++ as presented by Microsoft it you want to do programming in Windows.

As for doing a Web Site in java. Sure. Easy. You just get somebody else to do it. If you have a popular site, some of your regulars might volunteer to do it for you. If you are a good administrator and business manager, let somebody else do the code.