Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Disable software installation, disable pendrive detection, Educational videos  (Read 4050 times)

Virus Guy

Topic Starter

Rookie

Hi Friends
    (i) I wan to disable new software installation in my system as i will be at office in weekdays at home in my system many of my cousins install/uninstall many software now and then i want this to be avoided please provide me solution for this i googled it but dint found required answer.

(ii) They frequently keep many infected pendrives in my system i want to avoid this by disabling usb ports, cd drive how can i do this.

(iii)I want to create a separate account for them where they will have limited number of access

How can i achieve the above tasks.

Does anyone know where i can found educational videos for Oracle 10g, C, java ?

Virus Guy

Topic Starter

Rookie

Friends i have got answer for few questions

Ans 1) you can just simply disable the "windows installer service". Just go to run and type "msconfig" and under the services tab find and uncheck the service. It works for all versions of windows.

Ans 2 ) For problem number two go here(for USB drive)->http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-disable-usb-ports-to-prevent-malware-infection/
      For Cd drive
      Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Device Manager > DVD/CD-ROM drives >
      Right click on each drives & disable.