Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my font has changed... i see only symbols and no words, letters or numbers  (Read 9535 times)

1needhelp

Topic Starter

i booted my computer today and everything from the icons, to address bar and all are in symbols.  i am not able to read anything.  my computer opens to a website and i can read the page.  but when i went to my search window to type in my problem and google it, it types in symbols.  if i go to my start icon, i can see the icons but cant read what words next to it cuz of symbols.  please help.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Let's check for malware before we do anything else. Go to this link and follow all instructions: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

1needhelp

Topic Starter

thank you for your reply.  i read the link and came to the part regarding the firewall.  i believe i have only the standard XP firewall.  i never have loading any other type.  when i tried loading, it showed a few pop up boxes and i cant read the choices or options.. its all symbols.  when i guess i get other boxes.  when i go back and click the other choice it give me other boxes i am not able to read.   please advise.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      I'm just going to move this thread to the malware forum and see if those folks can help.