Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Turns Off after a few seconds?!  (Read 4983 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Turns Off after a few seconds?!
« on: August 01, 2010, 05:39:43 PM »
ok so i have this computer that is from 1992. Lately I've had the problem it turning off as soon as I hit the push in push-out power button. sometimes it runs a few seconds longer sometimes sorter. A few months ago I thought it was the power supply so I began pulling it out and at the last moment before swapping it i tried it once more and it worked. Now it just won't go I push the button in the lights come on i hear the sys start and then it shuts off and I hear a faint buzzing from the power supply until I press the button again to turn it off.

My system
133 MHz Processor
32 Mb RAM
10 GB hdd yeah I know wired, It was replaced in 2000 used to be a 2 or 3 Gig
running windows 95

Ps this system is soo old it doesn't even have ps2 ports for keyboard and mouse. the keybrd has a bigger round port and the mouse a male 9 pin

any help would be great!

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Turns Off after a few seconds?!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 09:18:29 PM »
So, let me get this straight, your "problem" is that the power button turns off the computer? What am I missing here?
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Turns Off after a few seconds?!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 08:08:01 AM »
ok let me try again when i hit the power buton to start the computer the computer starts and after a few seconds it turns off. I have to push the button again for the button is one of the old ones, so when the computer did run and i was shutting it down it came to this message> it is now safe to turn off your computer.