Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ACPI\AWY0001\2&DABA3FF&0 the drivers for this divice are not installed  (Read 72812 times)

alexshik

Topic Starter

I have HP AMD Althlon 64 Processor. Windows XP professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3.
     In Device Manager: Other dievice\Unknown device.
    System information: Device:not available. PNP Device ID: ACPI\AWY0001\2&DABA3FF&0
    Error Code: The drivers for this divice are not installed.
    I do not see any troubles with the hardware.
    Do I need to worry about this issue?
    Thank you for help.

Alex

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    If everything works fine, I wouldn't worry too much.
    If you're curious, what that thing is....

1.  Open Device Manager (Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager)
       2. The hardware whose drivers are missing will appear as Unknown device, so it's easier to locate the device.
       3. Right click on the unknown device and click on Properties.
       4. Under the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id (or Device Instance Path) from the drop down box.
       5. You should see a code similar to this

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DC&SUBSYS_30868086
          &REV_01\4&1E46F438&0&40F0

6. The portion of the code highlighted in RED is the Vendor ID and the portion highlighted in GREEN is the Device ID. In this example:

Vendor ID = 8086
          Device ID = 27DC

7. Once you have obtained both the IDs, proceed to PCI Database. There you can either search for the vendor from the vendor ID or directly get information about the device along with the vendor name by searching with the device ID.

8. Then from there you can go directly to the hardware manufactureres website and get the driver.

alexshik

Topic Starter

Thank you. The information of  Device instant ID : ACPI\AWY0001\2&DABA3FF&0
      I could not find vendor name and Device id. from this information.
      All the best, Alexshik

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      It looks like "AMD AwayMode ACPI Device driver", whatever it means....LOL
      See here: http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=1217053

tech2c

Re: ACPI\AWY0001\2&DABA3FF&0 the drivers for this divice are not installed
      « Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 03:08:28 PM »
      I had a HP a1600n PC that had Windows XP Media Center on it and I reformatted with XP Pro and then it was giving me a Unknown Device in the Device Manager and I finally resolved the issue by going to this link-

http://dlsvr02.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...xe/AMDLive.zip

Save the zip file and then open the AMDLive Folder then the AMDAway Folder then run Setup.

This will run the AMDAway INF Installation Wizard and will resolve the conflict in the Device Manager and then you should see under Processors:

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processors

Hope this helps...

[email protected]