Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Lost WU's?  (Read 28299 times)

overthehill

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Keep Canada beautiful. Swallow your beer cans.
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
Lost WU's?
« on: July 13, 2010, 06:28:27 PM »
I'm quite sure that I'm not getting credit for some of my WU's. Here's an example. I finished a WU yesterday (100/100) and I'm told that it was sent successfully as indicated :03:06:29] + Attempting to send results [July 13 03:06:29 UTC]
[03:22:03] + Results successfully sent
[03:22:03] Thank you for your contribution to Folding@Home.

Now when I check the team roster It shows that I haven't contributed since July 11?

Last updated: Tue Jul 13 16:00:02 PDT 2010
Tue Jul 13 23:00:02 UTC 2010 

Date of last work unit 2010-07-11 12:06:45 
Total score 2358 
Overall rank (if points are combined) 550271 of 1434834 
Active clients (within 50 days) 1 
Active clients (within 7 days) 1 

Normally it doesn't take this long to be credited.

I attempted to ask this question at F@H. But twice now after logging in successfully the moment that I attempt to send my message I find that I'm no longer logged in?
Any help or ideas with these issues would be appreciated.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Lost WU's?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 07:02:57 PM »
The personal updates may not keep up wit the WU's...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

overthehill

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 07:27:15 PM »
Thanks Patio I'll be sure this time to really keep an eye open. I'm quite sure though that this has occurred before when I never was credited? There has been other strange goings on also. Recently I only accomplished 29/100 and was credited.  And then started over again and got credited again once I got to 100. Maybe they were making up for the one that was missed? Oh well, over a period of time, perhaps it all evens out? ::)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 08:32:37 PM »
Could be...i just don't see it as a # tracking exercise...
It's bigger than that.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

overthehill

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 12:05:46 PM »
Could be...i just don't see it as a # tracking exercise...
It's bigger than that.
I'm sure that you're right about the tracking exercise and I realize that it's bigger than that.
But the more that I dig into this the more confusing it appears. i joined the CH folding team number 67290 and joined through the F@H forum. Now as you can see below it appears that I have contributed to more than one team???? And my last contribution was never credited anywhere according to the info.below? My F@H control panel is configured to the CH team and always has been. I realize that this folding is for a greater cause, but I still want to help the team. I have another WU almost completed and who knows if it will be credited to our team or not? As I've mentioned in an earlier post I have been unable to ask this question in the F@H site. Any suggestions?

overthehill  Last updated: Wed Jul 14 10:00:00 PDT 2010
Wed Jul 14 17:00:00 UTC 2010 

Date of last work unit 2010-07-11 12:06:45 
Total score 2413 
Overall rank (if points are combined) 545875 of 1435039 
Active clients (within 50 days) 1 
Active clients (within 7 days) 1 

overthehill has contributed work units with more than one different team number. The contributions are listed below. 

Contributions by team and project:

Donator  overthehill
Team  Computerhope.com (67290) 
Score  2358 (certificate) 
Donator Rank  550329 of 1435039 
WU 22 (certificate) 
Date of last
work unit 2010-07-11 12:06:45 
Active clients
(within 50 days) 1 
Active clients
(within 7 days) 1 

Donator  overthehill
Team  Default (includes all those WU returned without valid team number) (0) 
Score  55 (certificate) 
Donator Rank  1198693 of 1435039 
WU 8 (certificate) 
Date of last
work unit None 
Active clients
(within 50 days) 0 
Active clients
(within 7 days) 0 

If you have multiple team designations, you will see multiple records above. A given WU has a single username and team associated with it. This designation can not be changed for WUs that have already been turned in to our servers. You can change the team or username for future WUs in the config panel of the client. 

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 12:16:55 PM »
Double check your client's settings are all correct.  If the unit was finished successfully it should show on the stats and you should get credit, unless there's an issue with the server in which case it can take a while to get this rectified.
Regarding contributing under 2 teams, it may well be that someone else has the same username and has contributed udner the default team, or that you finished some units without putting in the CH team number, I'm not sure.

overthehill

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 12:32:55 PM »
Double check your client's settings are all correct.  If the unit was finished successfully it should show on the stats and you should get credit, unless there's an issue with the server in which case it can take a while to get this rectified.
Regarding contributing under 2 teams, it may well be that someone else has the same username and has contributed under the default team, or that you finished some units without putting in the CH team number, I'm not sure.
Thks. Calum. If my F@H control panel is configured to 67290 and it was/is I shouldn't have to put in a team number,should I? What client settings would you suggest that I check? I also checked the list of donors without a team and they only show the top 500. I also would have thought that when I signed up I would have been told if my user name was already being used? Also as I noted in my previous post it doesn't appear that my WU's are being recorded anywhere?

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 12:38:41 PM »
If my F@H control panel is configured to 67290 and it was/is I shouldn't have to put in a team number,should I?
67290 is the team number, yeah, so if that's set up and your username is right in the client there should be no problem.

What client settings would you suggest that I check?
Team number and username, really.  Sounds like they're both correct though, not sure if there's anything else to check ... do you have a firewall or anything that could possibly be blocking the upload though?  Just a wild thought, but it's possible that the units are being completed and not uploaded.

Quote from: I also would have thought that when I signed up I would have been told if my user name was already being used?[/quote
Nope, it doesn't notify you.  There are a few "Calum"s who have contributed to F@H, at least 4 are me but there are one or two more who definitely aren't me.  Many people (or clients, as there's no differentioation between people) can share the same username - otherwise I couldn't fold as I currently do, with 5 clients on one machine.

overthehill

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 03:17:02 PM »
67290 is the team number, yeah, so if that's set up and your username is right in the client there should be no problem.
Team number and username, really.  Sounds like they're both correct though, not sure if there's anything else to check ... do you have a firewall or anything that could possibly be blocking the upload though?  Just a wild thought, but it's possible that the units are being completed and not uploaded.

Quote from: I also would have thought that when I signed up I would have been told if my user name was already being used?
Nope, it doesn't notify you.  There are a few "Calum"s who have contributed to F@H, at least 4 are me but there are one or two more who definitely aren't me.  Many people (or clients, as there's no differentioation between people) can share the same username - otherwise I couldn't fold as I currently do, with 5 clients on one machine.
[/quote
Interesting stuff. And,thanks once again. Now, I've run into another snag(sure having fun with this). I got to approx. 250/2500 and it's now attempting to send those results. It's been trying for at least the last five hours. I've shut it down and restarted but the same thing keeps happening?. HELP,HELP!!
PS It does appear now that I did receive one of my lost WU's.

overthehill

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 03:31:46 PM »
Interesting stuff. And,thanks once again. Now, I've run into another snag(sure having fun with this). I got to approx. 250/2500 and it's now attempting to send those results. It's been trying for at least the last five hours. I've shut it down and restarted but the same thing keeps happening?. HELP,HELP!!
PS It does appear now that I did receive one of my lost WU's.
EDIT: For some strange reason I started pulsing again? Sure fun wondering what is going to happen next with F@H. ???

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 11:32:44 AM »
How odd.  Could you post your log files as an attachment?  It should be in your folding@home directory, named fahlog.txt.

overthehill

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 10:25:46 PM »
How odd.  Could you post your log files as an attachment?  It should be in your folding@home directory, named fahlog.txt.
Hi again Calum and thank you for your perseverance. I've attached the log file and I'll await your perusal / thoughts and suggestions. overthehill

PS As you may have noticed in an earlier post I've had some concerns with an over heating CPU. So, I've been shutting my PC down for the night to give it a bit of a break. Once again when I booted up this morn.(many hours ago now) F@H attempted to send the WU although it was no where near finished. After shutting down the program several times and pausing the program numerous times it finally got back to work. Frustrating though, I lost approx. an hour today and a lot more than that yesterday as I had earlier indicated.

[recovering disk space - old attachment deleted by admin]

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 11:43:01 AM »
Looks like your client is having major problems trying to upload a unit, I can see it keeps trying but is unable to send.  There is evidence of other units being successfully completed and uploaded though, that's very odd.  I'm not sure what's going on, to be honest ... sorry.

overthehill

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 11:53:42 AM »
Looks like your client is having major problems trying to upload a unit, I can see it keeps trying but is unable to send.  There is evidence of other units being successfully completed and uploaded though, that's very odd.  I'm not sure what's going on, to be honest ... sorry.
Thanks Calum. I didn't have much trouble to get going this morning so hopefully things will straighten out. I never had the "passkey" set up until yesterday. Do you suppose that will that be of any help?l

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 01:52:04 PM »
The passkey only affects points for the SMP client.  With the passkey, it's possible to get bonus points for returning units faster - without it, only the "base" points are recieved.  The passkey currently has no effect on the standard client or the GPU clients, although there are rumours it will be implemented at some point.
So, it shouldn't be affecting your folding at this time.