Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: web pages not loading completely - flash?  (Read 4747 times)

akalsha

Topic Starter

Starter

web pages not loading completely - flash?
    « on: July 14, 2010, 07:11:30 PM »
    Hello,
    i'm having a problem where web pages aren't loading completely.  i think it's flash content that's not loading, but I have all of the flash components, and they're up to date.  my java is also up to date.  for instance, on avast.com's home page there's a huge white blank space.  when I look at it on another computer, there is content there.  On facebook, when viewing a profile, there's nothing below the person's photo in that column.  this is happening with both ie and firefox.  any clue?  sorry for not capitalizing, one of my shift buttons is missing lol.

akalsha

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: web pages not loading completely - flash?
      « Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 07:16:02 PM »
      also, when i try to update using the microsoft update web site, it doesn't work.  I click the button to check for updates, and it just stays on the page that says "Checking for the latest updates for your computer..." and the progress bar on the page stays white.

KornmonGrim

Rookie

Re: web pages not loading completely - flash?
        « Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 03:47:11 AM »
        Hello, akalsha

Please follow my instructions exact and carefully. This may help you with your computer problem. Please be aware i am not liable or responsible for anything that happens.

Do you have dial-up?

What is your internet speed?

Reinstall Mozilla Firefox. If it still does not work download Google Chrome.

Have you scanned your computer?
        If not please follow these instructions to see if you have an infection. (LAST INSTRUCTION ONLY DO IF NONE OF THE OTHERS WORK)

Best of Luck,
        KornmonGrim
        KornmonGrim helping people with their computer needs for free.