Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Win 7 + USB Drive = fail?  (Read 3479 times)

asdfq

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Win 7 + USB Drive = fail?
    « on: July 25, 2010, 04:43:41 AM »
    I just yesterday got a netbook with win 7, and while trying to transfer some files from my old XP Notebook to my new Win 7 Netbook, I put some files on my external USB drive (FAT32). Strangely, though, in Windows 7 the drive is displayed, but I can't access it for some reason. Double clicking or displaying properties just cause it to go into busy mode and not do anything apparently, when in Win XP, the drive works flawlessly.
    So, why doesn't it work :( ?

talontromper

Hopeful
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Win 7 + USB Drive = fail?
    « Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 11:58:22 AM »
    Have you tried other means of transfer? If you have a home network you could transfer it across that to your new net book. Now back to you post, is the device recognized in the device manager? If you don't know how to get to the device manager, first click the start button, next rt. click on manage, the select device manager. After that scroll down to Universal Serial Bus Controllers and see if your device is listed there.

P.S. Welcome to Computer Hope
    "One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time." - Andre Gide