Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Old Program vers. of M.Y.O.B.  (Read 7571 times)

grammadar

Old Program vers. of M.Y.O.B.
« on: June 18, 2004, 07:17:30 AM »
I just bought an older version of Mind Your Own Business Accounting Software (Canadian version) off the internet. It was a brand new program but is from 1997. The company sold out around 2000 and the new company will not offer support or registration as of 2003. I need a "customer number" in order to use the program, and now can't get one from the company ???. Is there anyway to bypass this registration number so that I can use the program? Doesn't make sense that it is garbage, especially when I paid $32.Canadian for it on Ebay.

Raptor

Re: Old Program vers. of M.Y.O.B.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 07:31:36 AM »
Considering it is from 1997 and the company that took over would not make any profit by giving you a so called 'Customer Number' it is logical.

You might be able to buy a 'Customer Number' off Ebay or perhaps search for one on the net.

grammadar

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 08:07:23 AM »
Thanks for trying. I already tried the US - Canada company and they said no, they couldn't help me. I also tried the UK company as well as checking on google and on ebay. Any other ideas??? I don't care about the support or upgrade part anyway (and it is no longer available anyway), I just want to be able to use my program to keep track of our accounts.  :(

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 01:13:21 PM »
    grammadar.....were there any disclaimers attached to the program you bought on E bay.....it seems to me that if the SELLER presented it as a brand new fully functional program as opposed to "as is"  ......E bay will go after the seller and they may be able to get your money back .. The other thing is .........who did you purchase it from........Demand your money back!!!!
    Have you formally complained to E bay and posted negative feedback?

let us know how you make out

dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

grammadar

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 01:38:05 PM »
    Thanks for your help. The person I got it from on Ebay was trying hard to find me some help or else I'm sure he would have taken it back. It wasn't his fault. Anyway, I contacted the company that sells it now (MYOB US)several times and they finally were nice enough to give me a number to enter so that I can use it, but with no support or upgrades. That is all I wanted! PROBLEM SOLVED! Thanks anyway!  :D