Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Interesting Internet Problem  (Read 5975 times)

stuffybear

Interesting Internet Problem
« on: March 21, 2004, 08:59:43 PM »
Okay, here's my problem.  I can get on the internet using Internet Explorer and AOL Instand Messenger, but Netscape, Mozilla, FTP Clients, and any other programs that require internet access can't connect.  I know a lot about computers and stuff, and I tried everything I know including restarting my DSL modem and my Netgear router, but nothing happened.  Please someone help me.  You will be my hero forever and ever.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Interesting Internet Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 03:53:39 PM »
Make sure your network setup doesn't require any type of special network settings / proxy settings to get connected onto the Internet. The easiest way to check this would be to open Internet Explorer, click Tools and Internet Options, open the Connections tab, and click the "LAN settings" button. If any additional settings are listed in this section it is likely that these settings will also need to be in your other browsers for them to successfully connect to the Internet.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein