Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't share news articles etc..  (Read 2394 times)

yvette99

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Can't share news articles etc..
    « on: July 29, 2010, 02:52:29 PM »
    Please help I am useless at how my netbook/laptop works I have a facebook page which I share news articles but I can't share any more from my acer netbook, I don't have a clue what I have done wrong, everything was fine until I decided to add to my toolbar (why did I do that) any way I can share news articles if I go on my mobile or my daughters laptop (my daughter objects to anyone using her laptop especially me). So please can anyone help this computer illiterate person solve my 'sharing information' problem so that when I hit the share buttons I can connect to my facebook page and share instead of just watching a message telling me they are waiting for fb I really need to be able to share my news articles again please can anyone help me. Thanks Yvette.

grandpa_simpson

Re: Can't share news articles etc..
    « Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 12:39:27 AM »
    Are you sure you are not disconnecting from the Internet, at any time ?

If the problem seemed to have started after installing something, as you stated, you should first try uninstalling that software..  Start>Control Panel>Add remove programs>... find the program/tool that you installed, highlight it and click remove..

If that doesn't work, post in the virus-removal forum here to check your computer for viruses, to out the possibility of viruses..

If viruses are not the problem post back here to continue the troubleshooting process...

yvette99

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 03:37:41 AM »
      I have gone in to the control panel and restored my computer settings, I tried to restore it back even further but it wouldn't allow that. I have only had the netbook a about 6 weeks so I don't mind going back to default settings but I can't do that! I don't know if that's because I installed norton if I went back further it wouldn't be protected (I had Mc vee something for 30 days before I installed norton) I went into the google bar and restored settings there also it must be a problem with my acer netbook because I can share from my mobile and other laptops. Thanks for posting. I hate stuff going wrong with computers because I just don't have a clue.

yvette99

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 05:23:23 AM »
        I have managed to solve my problem I ran the Nortons apparently I had turned my Nortons off by mistake...Problem solved thankfully.