Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: sound blaster card not working  (Read 3665 times)

cpman26

Topic Starter

Starter

sound blaster card not working
    « on: August 05, 2010, 08:11:51 PM »
     :( my sound card is not working :||x :||x :||x :||x :|| :|| :|| :|| :||
    i have a sound blaster audigy 24 bit advanced HD and when i start my computer it doesn't have the startup sound, and when i go to creative volume controller it says "the audio device used by this application is not detected"
    i am on windows XP sp2
    dell

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: sound blaster card not working
    « Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 05:56:47 AM »
    1) Is this a new installation? If so, install the sound driver.
    2) Please stop with the emoticons.

cpman26

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 07:12:34 AM »
      all of the stuff is installed but i'll re- install and see if works  8)

Allan

• Mastermind
      « Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 07:42:11 AM »
      Let us know. And again - is this a new install?

cpman26

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 08:09:28 AM »
        I re inshtalled it and itz werkinz! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D (| (| (| (| (| (| (| (| (| (| (| (| (| (| (| (| (| (| (| (| (| PENUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 12:20:03 PM »
        The following post has been modified from it's original version. It has been formatted to use English language text, rather then the original phonetic spelling, and also to adopt a "less is more" policy whereby repeated smiley images are reduced to a single image.

I re-installed it and its working! ;D (|

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Allan

• Mastermind
        « Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 04:26:55 PM »
        The following post has been modified from it's original version. It has been formatted to use English language text, rather then the original phonetic spelling, and also to adopt a "less is more" policy whereby repeated smiley images are reduced to a single image.

Impressive  8)

Salmon Trout

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 07:29:52 AM »
        That jiving banana thing gets old fast, even when used sparingly. Personally if anything is guaranteed to make me not answer a question it is emoticons. E.g. "My computer won't start  :(".

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        « Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 08:32:39 AM »
        but you cannot possibly turn a blind eye if they use ten lines of sad faces! if so you are a heartless monster!  :(

note, you will need to imagine the ten lines of sad faces.

I remember back in the good old days, when chat was just the passing of notes around. why I recall the original version of MSN, why it was just a postcard, it was. you'd write your chat text in the box, and send it to the mail to your buddy.

when you buddy receives it, they would reply. until you have successfully decided to meet last Tuesday. Back in those days we didn't have any fancy shortcuts for making smileys.. well, that's not true, my good friend Gerald had a smiley face stamp, but he used it responsibly! Why he even invented the dancing Banana, he did. I quite recall how it came about, I believe it involved two Elephant seals and a platypus who where living on his porch, they did something or other and he responded with an equal but opposite reaction and over time he came up with a somehow related concept of a dancing banana. The idea was simple- you would draw the Banana frame by frame in consecutive responses, until you have created a short animation of a dancing banana. Back in those days of course we didn't have these fancy gif files or other nonsense, we had to use our imaginations, and his overseas friend would re-construct the animation in his head and have a good laugh, responding thusly with a "haha" on his signature MSN stationery. Well, Then the darned computer was invented, and everybody was hemming and hawwing and having a gay old time over that, and we started to fall by the wayside, Microsoft left their original domain of letter stationery and decided that they would strike it out as a software company. I quite distinctly recall waving my cane at them as they drove off in their mobile campus car, Although I believe I was 22 at the time so I'm not sure if I had a cane... I do recall waving something... ahh yes, I remember, it was a cane, as I had a nasty row with Geralds Platypus over wether his kind laid eggs. He insisted that it didn't make sense as he was a mammal, and I laughingly joked that he was a freak, well, he didn't take to kindly to that and tried to kill me. thankfully all he did was knock me down and sprain my ankle, so I had to use a crutch, which is what I was waving.

And then there was Aunt Martha with her Yahoo stationery, never was quite compatible with our MSN stationery.....
        I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 08:39:48 AM »
        Don't get me started! I remember when questions ended with just one question mark, and exclamations with one of that type, instead of three as they do nowadays.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 09:07:22 AM »
        I always use 2 exclamations and question marks...i'm on commission.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "