Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Toolbar Problem etc  (Read 4318 times)

zoecowlx

Internet Toolbar Problem etc
« on: August 12, 2010, 02:01:12 PM »
Just recently downloaded Kaspersky onto a Windows XP computer, However computer was running very slow with it so I decided to delete the programme. After using CC cleaner it pulled up a range of things including a few DSL files? saying something like disconnected, so I deleted them all and now my Internet Explorer does not have afavoritess bar, I cannot copy and paste, I cannot access the Internet Options in control panel either, when clicking it it pops up slightly then doesn't show. When trying to use Ctrl and F4 that also seems to do nothing. In an internet explorer it usually tells you what web page you are on through the tabs, yet after deleting the files it does not.

Yes I have tried system restore, restarting yet it all seems to do nothing. I even created a new user account, when opening that account it starts up like normal - and attempts to install internet explorer 8 and delete the old one, yet when doing so a loud bang noise happens and we return to the start up mode and the two user accounts again.

What am I supposed to do now? Please Help!   :'(

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Internet Toolbar Problem etc
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 02:06:03 PM »
1) STOP USING REGISTRY CLEANERS. All you had to do was uninstall with ADD/REMVOE. Not only that, if Kaspersky products are slowing your system I'd be more concerned with your system than Kaspersky - it's one of the best products available and hardly taxes the system at all - especially when properly configured.

2) Boot to your XP CD and do a repair install (choose the SECOND repair option). After the repair, be sure to go to Windows Update and download and install all updates.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 11:17:58 AM »
After using CC cleaner it pulled up a range of things including a few DSL files? saying something like disconnected, so I deleted them all and now my Internet Explorer does not have afavoritess bar, I cannot copy and paste, I cannot access the Internet Options in control panel either, when clicking it it pops up slightly then doesn't show. When trying to use Ctrl and F4 that also seems to do nothing. In an internet explorer it usually tells you what web page you are on through the tabs, yet after deleting the files it does not.
Well, don't blame all that on CCleaner.  I've used CCleaner for years and it simply won't cause those problems.  I believe you probably have numerous issues going on with your computer.  I'd proceed with Allan's advice regarding a repair install.

Allan

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 03:55:57 PM »
Well, don't blame all that on CCleaner.  I've used CCleaner for years and it simply won't cause those problems.  I believe you probably have numerous issues going on with your computer.  I'd proceed with Allan's advice regarding a repair install.
ANY registry cleaner can cause problems - even ccleaner. Just because most people don't have problems doesn't mean others won't too. There is no reason at all to use ANY registry cleaner, no matter how benign. And other than contradicting me, what is the purpose of your post?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 10:54:37 PM »
ANY registry cleaner can cause problems - even ccleaner. Just because most people don't have problems doesn't mean others won't too. There is no reason at all to use ANY registry cleaner, no matter how benign. And other than contradicting me, what is the purpose of your post?

He never used a registry cleaner, first off.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Allan

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 04:18:11 AM »
ccleaner has a registry cleaning module and I am under the impression that the OP used that. perhaps I'm mistaken, but that's how I read his post.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 04:29:12 AM »
He never used a registry cleaner, first off.
And anyway, a member on a forum is allowed to post whatever they see fit as long as it is within the forum rules whether you yourself agree with it or not.

Allan

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 04:44:11 AM »
And anyway, a member on a forum is allowed to post whatever they see fit as long as it is within the forum rules whether you yourself agree with it or not.
Agreed - my fault - let's move on please.