Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can anybody help? random disconnection  (Read 2332 times)

Aztech

Can anybody help? random disconnection
« on: August 18, 2010, 05:17:49 PM »
not sure what area this really belongs in, so i put it here. Can anybody help me figure out how to get a firmware update for my westell modem E90-610014-06. I heard that was probably the problem with my connection dropping out randomly and very slow connection (actual download speed of about 30kbps on a line that is supposed to be 10.0 Mbps). And if somebody thinks there might be a different problem, that would be nice to know as well. I'm using vista, if that helps at all, and it cuts out while using Firefox and Internet explorer.

Pointman

Rookie

Re: Can anybody help? random disconnection
    « Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 08:05:28 PM »
    Do you have only one computer connected to the modem?  If so, you might swap your NIC card with a known good one and make sure your driver is updated.  If it is the firmware, go to your ISP's site or the manufacturer's site and get the latest firmware update and follow their instructions on how to install it. 

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Can anybody help? random disconnection
    « Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 06:58:42 AM »
    I'd check to see if your ISP provides replacement modems free of charge....most do.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "