Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IRC Ban?  (Read 17033 times)

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
Re: IRC Ban?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 06:47:22 PM »
I always find it interesting when people post here saying "OMG some douche on chat banned me reinstate me pleez because I'm innocent".

They don't ban people for no reason. as I noted a LOT of people (well, not a huge number but it happens rather often) start a topic here complaining about being banned, and how innocent they are, they even provide chat logs, and it looks like they might not have done something wrong after all.

But they "conveniently" forget to mention things like calling people names/swearing at them and a lot of other stuff. somehow I don't think they "forget" or that those messages just "vanish" from the posted log.

I also find it interesting how you insist so quickly that this horrible "mistake" be corrected, completely forgetting that the very same support you sought on the chat is also available on the forum and at the very least can tide you over for the 14 days. They don't make a habit of reversing bans, and too many people play the "OMG this is ridiculous I didn't do anything" card that are revealed to have done something and known full well what it was the entire time to evoke my sympathies.

I second what the Right Honorable Gentleman has stated!

All those in favour say 'aye'
11 cheers for binary !

stewie0888

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: IRC Ban?
    « Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 07:22:04 PM »
    I use the chat because it provides a quick instant reply which is what i needed.

The admins said to report it and they will look into it. which is what im doing