Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Youtube won't load, files don't download  (Read 2872 times)

cheshmish

Youtube won't load, files don't download
« on: August 18, 2010, 08:08:32 PM »
Hi I've been having this problem with my computer for about over a month now. It just came out of nowhere. Basically, if I try and open youtube, the video either loads about six seconds, and then buffers until eternity, or just doesn't load at all. This occurs in IE, Mozilla, and Chrome. I have already cleared my cache, unin and reinstalled flash like a billion times, and run numerous virus checks. Everyone else that has the same internet provider as me isn't having this problem. It's just me, so I figure it's the computer. This is the same issue that happens with any video I try to load. Also, I can't download any music files. At all. It kinda does the same thing as the youtube vids. Either a bit will download, then stop, or it won't download at all. Any other files (i.e. documents, pictures) download just fine. I'm running XP, and I haven't had any problems like this before. I'd really appreciate any help, because I'm dying without youtube.

grandpa_simpson

Re: Youtube won't load, files don't download
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 01:51:36 PM »
What anti virus program/s are you running ?

Click Start, click on "run", type  MSCONFIG
press enter

click on the services tab, check "hide all microsoft services", click disable all, click apply, click OK and restart.. try the youtube videos and see if there is correction.  If not, go back to MSCONFIG, click on the start-up tab, click disable all, click apply, click ok, restart and try videos again...

report back with results

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 01:56:14 PM »
and have you tried booting to safemode (safemode with networking) and checked if it works ok there?

gord99

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 08:21:41 PM »
    Somebody might have said this but if you have DSL -getting the net via phone line you need a filter on the phones that are not connected to your modem.   These filters become less effective with time and they let in your phone's analog signal which will stop the download momentarily.   Also put on a new short DSL cable as the connections could be poor.  I'm having the same problem and I just found out as my son said his laptop is taking bandwidth because it is connected to the router at the same time I'm trying to load You Tubes.  Use Windows Defender to stop any unnecessary programs from loading when you start your computer.   Use task manager to see how many and what programs are running.