Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: All the hardware from my computer gone?? Please Help  (Read 2534 times)

kancent

Topic Starter

All the hardware from my computer gone?? Please Help
    « on: August 24, 2010, 03:11:09 PM »
    Well recently I wanted to make my computer run smoother, so I was messing around with msconfig disabling stuff. Then I restarted my computer and now my windows XP has a start up bar that looks like this and all sound hardware and who knows what else is completely missing from my computer?? I enabled all the startup items and services and rebooted it's still the same.

well it looks something like that. I enabled anything but I 'know how to get it to running from stopped. I can't right click it

half seems to be running other half stopped even after enabling

I ran sfc /scannow and after it scanned I restarted but it didn't do anything

I also tried to system restore but it only has one date available which is after I messed it up.

Can anyone help me please?
    « Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 03:31:00 PM by kancent »

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: All the hardware from my computer gone?? Please Help
    « Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 05:16:09 PM »
    Well recently I wanted to make my computer run smoother, so I was messing around with msconfig disabling stuff.
    Not a very good idea, as you have learned :P

Then I restarted my computer and now my windows XP has a start up bar that looks like this

The windows Themes service is disabled.

and all sound hardware and who knows what else is completely missing from my computer?? I enabled all the startup items and services and rebooted it's still the same.
    stay out of msconfig, reenable the proper services using Service.msc (Start->Run "services.msc").

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

kancent

Topic Starter

Re: All the hardware from my computer gone?? Please Help
      « Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 08:08:04 PM »
      thanks so much I got it