Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer boots to Windows1 folder need to change to Windows  (Read 16137 times)

superheat11

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: Computer boots to Windows1 folder need to change to Windows
    « Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 01:06:29 PM »
    SO if i get the cd will it put the one file i need to get my windows up and running or will ithave to be purged and reinstall the whole windows file? Just wondering about that too. Hope my period is in the right place for ya pal, i wouldnt want you to go out and kill your family on account of me now...

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 02:58:41 PM »
    Hope my period is in the right place for ya pal, i wouldnt want you to go out and kill your family on account of me now...

Not much chance of that happenin...the Family's been gone for years...

If you can get past that you may want to try A Repair Install of Windows...

Done properly all your data and apps will be intact...
    Make 1 mistake and all your data and apps will be gone...however you will have a fresh install of XP...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 06:08:15 PM »
    ...If you can get past that you may want to try A Repair Install of Windows...

Done properly all your data and apps will be intact...
    Make 1 mistake and all your data and apps will be gone...however you will have a fresh install of XP...
    Since he posted this in the "Windows 3.x, 95, 98, and ME " Forum, and he says:  "...have no win98cd...", that link would not apply.  As you said, it's hard to read with no punctuation, misspellings & one run-on sentence.  Must have superheated & burned out!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 08:38:56 PM »
    Well actually i could then post the info to do the same in Win98 and let him try that but i, not sure if that would work for him as he has no cd but if he may be able to find one even if it's from a neighbor or his English teacher it wouldn't matter as long as it was the same version and he understands the basics of command line but i cant know that rite now cause i havent asked but if he wants to know we could figger it out and maybe then get it fixed ya know but i wont know til i hear back from him so i'll just wait and maybe every 1 else can wait also and if anyone has other ideas they could post em here and we could work on this yo kinda get it fixed OK ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 09:03:28 PM »
    Well actually i could then post the info to do the same in Win98 and let him try that but i, not sure if that would work for him as he has no cd but if he may be able to find one even if it's from a neighbor or his English teacher it wouldn't matter as long as it was the same version and he understands the basics of command line but i cant know that rite now cause i havent asked but if he wants to know we could figger it out and maybe then get it fixed ya know but i wont know til i hear back from him so i'll just wait and maybe every 1 else can wait also and if anyone has other ideas they could post em here and we could work on this yo kinda get it fixed OK ? PATIO OUT

FTFY.  ;)
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.