Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Network Cable Unplugged Help  (Read 2226 times)

mayankgates

Network Cable Unplugged Help
« on: August 30, 2010, 03:00:44 AM »
My PC is showing network cable unplugged error. Sometimes it automatically fixes and internet works fine but few minutes later it starts to show the same error again.

I contacted by ISP and he advised me to change Ethernet Card. I changed the card but I am having still having the problem.

I am using "Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC" card and I have update the drivers as well - Driver Version -5.719.325.2009 but I continue to have the problem. I even changed the slot of Ethernet Card but it didn't work.

My ISP insists that network cable is fine. I don't know what is the problem. Please help.

I am using Windows XP.

Big

Beginner

• Experience: Experienced
    Re: Network Cable Unplugged Help
    « Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 06:58:25 AM »
    Not sure if this applies to you: http://bit.ly/auUibo

Other info:
    - loose socket on laptop/PC NIC.
    - You may be downloading a lot (of torrents) and thus your connection is being overloaded, causing this message
    - Make sure you using dhcp on the router and remove any static entries

1. Firmware fixes most of the issues. Check for any available firmware specific for your router.
    2. Do Check the IP from the modem. If it is private then this is the culprit. The IP from modem should always be public.
    3. Try changing the LAN card speed to 10 half duplex.
        Here's how:
        Device Manager -> your ethernet card -> right click -> properties -> Advanced tab -> Change 'Value' in 'Link Speed/Duplex Mode'

4. If neither of the steps work and things are fine with the IP address then Reset and reconfigure the router.

Though your problem description reminds me of a lack of buffer, so I would try step 3 first.

Please reply if any of this helped.
    « Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 07:10:22 AM by Big »
    Computerhope is corrupt.

Pointman

Rookie

Re: Network Cable Unplugged Help
      « Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 01:07:18 PM »
      You might switch patch cords also.  The RJ45 might be loose on one end causing the intermittent problem.