Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP!  (Read 5197 times)

lafatee

Topic Starter

Rookie

HELP!
    « on: August 29, 2010, 01:29:25 PM »
    I have an ipod touch 1st gen and I tried to restore it because I was having problems and now it won't restore. It says something like error 6. I haven't jailbroken it or done anything like that, it's just being a pos.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: HELP!
    « Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 01:36:33 PM »
    1) I suggest you post your question on the Apple support forum
    2) Please don't use subjects for your threads like: HELP. thank you.

agreimann

Re: HELP!
    « Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 10:47:56 AM »
    I totally agree. When posting, make the title relevant to the question. However, I can certainly try to help here.

This has happened on hard disk based models, such as the Classic. If you have a Mac, you need to go to it, plug the iPod in, and run Disk Utility. Or if you have a Linux machine with Disk Utility, that works as well. Plug it into the Linux machine. :) (If you don't have it, "apt-get install gnome-disk-utility" will work).

1) Close any media windows (e.g. Rhythmbox, iTunes(tm), etc.) or prompts to open it with Close or Cancel. Note, this varies by OS.

2) Format your entire iPod as MS-DOS format, or FAT32.

3) Reboot the iPod.

4) Plug it into the Windows(r) machine. It should work without a Restore needed--at least, older models did. I don't know if the Touch differs--if so, then my tips here are worthless for your model.