Software > Computer viruses and spyware

Problem With Trojan-aax5

<< < (5/5)

PixelOz:
Oh and I forgot to mention that WOT was installed on both browsers IE8 and Firefox and not just one and that the account has now a password which it didn't have before.

Also I went into safe mode and gave the default Administrator Account a password cause it didn't have one. I know that this is a common mistake that too many people make. This account wasn't showing up when I had gone into safe mode before and now it has reappeared.

So as you can see many things that were supposed to be in place in this PC but weren't are now working normally and that includes the Administrator account not showing, putting a password on it, putting a password into the user account that this PC had, the permissions for those keys that I mentioned, the fixing of the audio drivers, the sfc /scannow command now working properly, the Windows updates messages now working properly, the installation of the recovery console, etc.

Wow this PC really was way out of proper shape! No wonder it got into so much trouble. I hope that all this helps to prevent this from happening again.

SuperDave:

--- Quote ---Spyware Blaster was installed and configured.

--- End quote ---
Don't forget to advise the owners to update Spyware Blaster every so often.

Some users are not very aware about the dangers to their computers by going into dangerous sites. The secret is a layered approach to protection, like the shingles on a roof. A good, up-to-date AV, a third-party firewall and some good antimalware programs like Windows Defender and SpywareBlaster. I've been using Threatfire ever since Evilfantasy recommended it.

PixelOz:
That's OK. I also disabled all the Autorun features as I said as an extra precaution. It was a nice thing at the begining but now it just causes too many problems so that is that.

We are done with this.

Thank you very much for your help.

SuperDave:
Resolved. Topic locked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version