Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What is the fastest Internet Browser?  (Read 27466 times)

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: What is the fastest Internet Browser?
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2010, 03:18:15 PM »
Obviously everybody has glossed over the true browser of choice in today's market: Netscape navigator 3.

Which I think I still have installed on one or two systems. Now that was a breakthrough browser!!!

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2010, 03:32:02 PM »
And it worked on more operating systems! I mean, firefox works on Linux, windows, and mac; but netscape worked on Linux, windows, mac, as well as windows 3.1. Obviously it's the best choice.

But seriously; for all intents and purposes, the browser war is over. It was Netscape versus IE. IE won by a large margin since netscape sorta dissolved and had to be reborn as an OSS project.    Asking "which browser should I use/is the best" is akin to how women will often ask their boyfriends/husbands wether they should wear, say, the red dress or the blue dress. It doesn't make a difference which one you wear, it'll still take the same amount of time to get to your destination. A common metaphor is that the browser is that the browser is a vehicle that moves us through the web; some browsers are corvettes and others are pinto's and so forth, but this isn't the case. No matter what browser you are using, you're riding in the same car, just wearing a different dress.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2010, 03:46:11 PM »
There is no fastest...
It depends on what you want a browser to do...

Stop the madness of convos like this...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Salmon Trout

« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2010, 02:27:18 AM »
What is a "convo"?

georgeharris1111

« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2010, 03:57:59 AM »
I would always go for chrome. It is faster than firefox and other internet browsers.

talontromper

Hopeful
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2010, 04:08:55 AM »
ST conv i'd say means converstaion.

George, thats personal preference, read the 63 posts before you.
"One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time." - Andre Gide

Salmon Trout

« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2010, 04:14:05 AM »
I can't be a***d to read all of the previous posts in this rather silly thread, but surely - surely - these days, unless you have an antique or under specified computer, html is going to get rendered in much less time than the user can notice, so that the governing factor in a user's web browsing experience is going to be the connection speed. If a person is wondering about "fastest browsers" they are barking up the wrong tree, especially if they are on dialup.

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2010, 05:51:29 AM »
I can't be a***d to read all of the previous posts in this rather silly thread, but surely - surely - these days, unless you have an antique or under specified computer, html is going to get rendered in much less time than the user can notice, so that the governing factor in a user's web browsing experience is going to be the connection speed. If a person is wondering about "fastest browsers" they are barking up the wrong tree, especially if they are on dialup.

And the next post will still be "i've used them all and the fastest is Chrome"

I waiting for Patio's countdown  ;)
11 cheers for binary !

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2010, 06:48:51 AM »
No countdown required. This thread has long since outlived any possible usefulness it may have ever had. Now it's just taking up space. Locked.