Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: games keep crashing  (Read 3410 times)

gaarazgurl

Topic Starter

Rookie

games keep crashing
    « on: August 28, 2010, 01:50:42 AM »
    so im a heavy gamer,  i have a lot of virtual worlds on my laptop like imvu, eve, and about to get wow but sometimes the games i have run slow and crash a lot so i wonder how can i help them run better??? i have an acer aspire one note book os: w7 starter btw

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: games keep crashing
    « Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 04:19:47 AM »
    If you're a heavy gamer I'd recommend buying or building a gaming PC. Laptops aren't at all meant for "heavy" gaming.

killerb255

Adviser
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 02:42:36 PM »
      acer aspire one note book os: w7 starter btw

If it has Windows 7 Starter on it, it's probably a Netbook.

Netbooks are meant for checking e-mail, surfing the net, word processing, and other light tasks.  Gaming is not one of them.

As Kpac said, you need to purchase or build a gaming-quality PC.  Netbooks are NEVER gaming-quality, and laptops seldom qualify as "gaming quality" (some can be, but are often in the $2500-$3000 range, and even then have no real room for expansion/upgrading).
      Quote from: talontromper
      Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

lino4

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 07:56:04 AM »
        The only taxing game I see on that list is probably WoW, the others I think are low quality 3D like Runescape, and will probably run on the Netbook.

The first thing I would do is update the video drivers.

First, click the Windows Button/Start Button.
        Second, in the search box, type dxdiag, and press enter.
        In the Display tab, you should be able to view the manufacturer of your graphics processor. I'm going to guess it's Intel though, if it's a weaker laptop.
        Then just go to their website and obtain the drivers. It's as easy as selecting your product and getting the downloads.

greentech07

Starter

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 11:55:43 PM »
          t is very frustrating when one is playing a game and it crashes in the mid of it. Here is a list of things that you should also do to fix Warcraft 3 crash in your computer:

- Cool down your PC and do not allow to overheat it.
          - Optimize Windows memory
          - Avoid Over clocking as Warcraft 3 crashes may be happening due to it.
          - Use the suitable graphics drivers to play Warcraft 3 and update those drivers.
          - Avoid Alt -Tab usage as much as possible when you are playing the game.
          - Clean the dirt inside your computer or laptop as it may be causing
          Analyze your RAM using the Microsoft RAM test.

The above guideline allow you to fix World of Warcraft 3 crash.
          « Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 04:45:45 AM by CBMatt »

gaarazgurl

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 03:01:03 AM »
            If you're a heavy gamer I'd recommend buying or building a gaming PC. Laptops aren't at all meant for "heavy" gaming.

If it has Windows 7 Starter on it, it's probably a Netbook.

Netbooks are meant for checking e-mail, surfing the net, word processing, and other light tasks.  Gaming is not one of them.

As Kpac said, you need to purchase or build a gaming-quality PC.  Netbooks are NEVER gaming-quality, and laptops seldom qualify as "gaming quality" (some can be, but are often in the $2500-$3000 range, and even then have no real room for expansion/upgrading).

i was on a budget then im planing on getting one when i get a real job and thank you for the correction
            t is very frustrating when one is playing a game and it crashes in the mid of it. Here is a list of things that you should also do to fix Warcraft 3 crash in your computer:

- Cool down your PC and do not allow to overheat it.
            - Optimize Windows memory
            - Avoid Over clocking as Warcraft 3 crashes may be happening due to it.
            - Use the suitable graphics drivers to play Warcraft 3 and update those drivers.
            - Avoid Alt -Tab usage as much as possible when you are playing the game.
            - Clean the dirt inside your computer or laptop as it may be causing
            Analyze your RAM using the Microsoft RAM test.

The above guideline allow you to fix World of Warcraft 3 crash.

thanks for the tips
            « Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 04:45:33 AM by CBMatt »