Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer crashed after updates  (Read 2367 times)

basedoglee

computer crashed after updates
« on: September 06, 2010, 08:02:59 PM »
too make a long story short download updates from windows, restarted computer and never have been able to restart windows again.  I ordered recovery disc, and put in a new hard drive, and the computer goes through the motions of getting ready to format the hard drive and nothings happens. Hook up the old drive and formatted the drive and recovered the info and then windows gave me a error that the bootmgr was  missing.  Through dos i was able to rebuild the bootmgr, but now nothing happens again.  Went back to new drive, everything set up and then nothing happens on formatting the new drive. Tried to format drive with dos, but it keep saying i don't have the right drive parameters. Please Help.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: computer crashed after updates
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 07:19:47 AM »
Do you have your computer set to boot from CD-ROM as the initial boot source?  You need to access the BIOS settings screens to see this setting and change it. 

If you're not familiar with accessing the BIOS settings, this reference should help: http://michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm