Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Virus? Please help me.  (Read 8216 times)

1InNeedOfHelpBadly

Virus? Please help me.
« on: June 20, 2004, 10:15:02 PM »
Everytime I get on my computer, it says explorer has performed and illegal operation. I cannot open any of the programs. When I click "ok" the screen goes to just my wallpaper and sometimes it then repeats the same process. Once, after I kept clicking ok the word "kernal" came up at the top of one of the illegal operation bars. I tried restarting my computer from a new Norton Anti-virus cd and it searched for over 5 hours until it said no virus found on the C drive. I can't load the cd while in safe mode. When I try to get on the internet it won't get online and only says the communications port it busy. Is there a virus on there or is there something else? Please help me. Thanks.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Virus? Please help me.
    « Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 11:09:40 PM »
    ........It certainly sounds like a virus is present.....and the problem using the NAV cd is that it doesnt have all the current virus updates......and there a lot of them.......
    can you be a bit more specific as to the error messages you have been getting and what operating system are you using

dl65
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

1InNeedOfHelpBadly

Re: Virus? Please help me.
    « Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 11:18:16 PM »
    I am using Windows 98. The only thing I can exlplain is that it just shows one of those illegel operations windows in the middle of the screen and it says that the program performing the illegel operation is explorer. The kernal thing only happened once and now it just goes to the wallpaper screen after I click ok on the illegel operation box.