Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Canon imageCLASS 4350d  (Read 4886 times)

mcole1

Topic Starter

Starter

Canon imageCLASS 4350d
    « on: September 09, 2010, 10:18:11 AM »
    I'm running on Windows 7 with a direct usb connection to my printer. The drivers and application install correctly and the printer/scanner works. However when I perform a power cycle or restart Windows 7 tries to install the usb device and is unsuccessful. Now my printer/scanner doesn't work. It is still flagged as my default printer. Even if I delete the unsuccessful device my printer doesn't work. There are no error msgs. Print jobs just remain in que.  Any Ideas???

truenorth

Guru

Re: Canon imageCLASS 4350d
      « Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 10:39:03 AM »
      Where is the USB port  that you use for the printer--front or rear? Have you tried another USB port? Is this a new phenomenon whereas it had worked properly before? Have you changed anything on your computer recently? Do you normally shut off the printer BEFORE you shut down the computer?Do you have the ability to cancel the print jobs in the que? truenorth

mcole1

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 11:22:36 AM »
        The usb port is in the front. I have tried two different ports. It did work properly after the initial install. I usually turn the printer off before the pc. I can delete print jobs from the que. I have also deleted and uninstalled the drivers twice. Each time I re-install them it works fine...until I perform a power cycle or a restart and windows tries to install the device which in turn is declared an unknown device. My Canon is still listed as the default printer but will not function after the power cycle/restart.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 11:30:51 AM »
          Researching this problem on your behalf i have found the following "caution" re the installation.
          "The MF4350d supports Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.  Most of the household is Windows 7 but the machine attached to the MF4350d is Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3.  Installation was flawless.  They do ask you to install the drivers FIRST before pluging in the USB for the first time.  There is even a cap with a string and a tag on it warning you to install the CD-ROM first, reboot, then plug in the printer.  I followed the directions and it worked like a champ.  Some people have reported problems with the USB but in my case it worked fine.   The trick is you have to install the drivers first, then reboot, and only then plug in the printer. 

Windows Server 2003 and Server 2008 are not supported perhaps by design of Canon since they consider this a desktop printer.  I am not a Mac user so cannot comment.  Linux should be no problem.  There is a separate instruction manual for Mac users that comes with it.

The documentation by the way is quite good.
          Was this your method? truenorth
          P.S. I just found another site with a comment re a similar problem as to what you are having on this printer. It is rather long so i will ask this question instead for the moment. Do you have the ability to have this printer installed with a different computer to see the result. Because the issue being dealt with in the article i just read refers to a comparability issue with a specific computer.
          « Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 11:41:40 AM by truenorth »

mcole1

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 11:59:59 AM »
            I did not perform the restart after the installation. I connected the usb directly after the installation. I will follow your advice tonight. Thanks! I will post tomorrow am with the results.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 12:50:04 PM »
              fingers crossed.truenorth

mcole1

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 09:48:29 AM »
                My issue is now resolved! I had been using the usb ports on the front of my pc. As soon as I connected to a rear port the drivers loaded correctly.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 10:18:07 AM »
                  Yahoo! Well done.truenorth
                  P.S. Thanks for posting back--this solution may help others in the future.