Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer not working!  (Read 2767 times)

phallan

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Here to learn
    Computer not working!
    « on: October 02, 2010, 04:04:56 PM »
    Heya, my computer hasn't been working for quite some time now and I decided to try to format and reinstall it with Windows 7.
    The process goes fine, I boot from the CD and it seemingly works. However when the setup restarts to finalize the installation (entering the part just before the OS login screen where it says something about registry and finalizing the installation) it doesnt work! At first it shows those two texts about finalizing the installation and something about registry. But after that the computer screen just goes blank black. I try to restart the computer but now it only gets to the "Starting Windows" then after that it gets blank black again! Tried starting it in Safe mode but it tells me that the setup cannot finish in safe mode and I will have to restart.

I currently have two internal HDD's (seagate 320Gb) and I've tried installing the operative system on both of them. The problem persists through both of them.

Please help me! I've been without a proper computer for ages now, what might the problem be?

Sincerely,
    Phallan.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Computer not working!
    « Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 04:06:53 PM »
    Please tell us EXACTLY how you are formatting and trying to install Windows 7 - step by step. Also, are you using an original, retail copy of W7?

phallan

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Here to learn
      « Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 04:10:36 PM »
      I'm doing it like I've always done it.

Boot from CD, format the harddrives and install a fresh copy of Windows.
      Boot from CD-->Format any HDD and delete any splittings of them.-->Install a fresh copy of Windows.

Uhm, no it's not an original CD actually (dont judge me :x). However my friend has installed his system with the same CD and it works like a charm for him!

Sincerely
      Phallan

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 04:16:31 PM »
      1) That's the problem. You need an original version. Just because it works for your friend does not mean it will work for you.
      2) I don't judge, but I do insist we follow the rules. We cannot provide any additional assistance with this problem. Thread closed.
      « Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 04:47:51 PM by Allan »