Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Got pics of my machine finally... WARNING lots of pics  (Read 11255 times)

Dead Reckon

Got pics of my machine finally... WARNING lots of pics
« on: September 30, 2010, 06:04:34 PM »
Well I got pictures of my rig, but then the power supply died.

Note, the markering on the keyboard and monitor where done before I got them, curbside stuff. I have just moved back out to my fathers, the chair is something that was in the room, I ditched it, I'd rather sit on a pile of bricks. The primary monitor is a HP monitor of some sort, the secondary is a NEC, both 17" CRT's running @ 1280x1024

Specs:

CPU: (OC) Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2GHz @ 2.8GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR2 800, 3GB used (32B Win Vista Prem)
GPU: (OC) 8800GTS (G80GTS) 640MB 320B PCI-E x16 1.0
MB: MSI P6N-SLI Socket 775 nVidia 680i/650i chipset
PSU: (Was) 800W aPower AK800
HDD01: 160GB SATA II WD1600 series
HDD02: 320GB ATA100 WD3200 series
HDD03: 250GB SATA I Seagate ST series
ODD: HP 410 ATA100, unknown speed, had it since 06, was new in 03
The massive heatsink is a tuniq tower 120, it does not need a fan either. My CPU temp never goes above 130F overclocked without a fan. Less dusting for me  ;D

Yes those are 12 gauge shells ontop of my computer, and yes that is a shotgun leaning against the rainbow of totes in the gray bag. It's my single barrel 12GA Savage boomstick.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Got pics of my machine finally... WARNING lots of pics
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 11:42:03 PM »
Thanks for sharing the pics, looks good. Do you get a lot of trouble to where you need a shotgun that close to your computer? ;)
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 11:59:56 PM »
Don't you, Nathan?

What's your zombie fall-back plan?   ;)

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 12:32:56 AM »
Heh, well I do have an AK-47, but I don't keep them next to my Computer. Granted the shotgun would probably do better against zombies.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

Dead Reckon

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 03:22:57 PM »
Nah, just bought it for $100, home defense, just in case. I've got it on the gas log fireplace mantle now. I had it up there for temporary, and actually that shotgun is LESS effective, single barrel, only fires one shot at a time. It's a scattegun, I fire it and hope whoever/whatever I'm shooting at that doesn't get shot scatters. I'm gonna get some cheap bird shot and load up some rock salt rounds though. I can link a pic if you wanna see  ;D

And thanks for the complement on my desktop, I try to keep it dust-free, I hate dust, really hate dust... Also hate mismanaged wiring... I'm gonna try to get a modular power supply that produces about 650W or more, with a single 12V rail. Dunno when, I'm more worried about getting me a car if I find work than fixing my computer at this moment.

Oh, I forgot to mention what the case was, it's an Antec Two Hundred Mid Tower, sadly it has been discontinued. I got it for $50 locally used, had everything with it but the top 140mm fan somehow broke a blade, I have no idea how. It was so quiet I didn't know until I noticed my keyboard was vibrating.

The cooling system is something else I forgot to discuss

2x 120mm front intake fans, think they pull in ~ 120CFM total
1x 120mm side intake fan, ~ 40CFM
1x 120mm rear exhaust fan ~ 110CFM
1x 40mm northbridge fan ~ 15CFM
1x 50mm southbridge fan ~ 10CFM (added after the photo's where taken
1x 50mm MOSFET heatsink fan (Can't see it, but it's there, it blows air through the MOSFET heatsink and out the back of the computer through the vented I/O plate)
GPU cooling is stock
CPU heatsink is a Tuniq Tower 120, without a fan

I need better fan filters for the front, and a fan filter for the side intake fan. I will address this problem when I get a new power supply. There is a road that runs right behind my house, it's dusty, and occasionally, a car comes over the bank, I'm curious how long it is before one ends up in my fathers bedroom or in our living room. I can show you pics of a old Subaru 3 door that nearly wound up in my fathers bedroom last year if you like.

I might add a fan to the CPU heatsink because at my grandmothers house I had air conditioning, here at my fathers, I do not have any way to install a window unit. All of the windows are sideways and the house is to open for it to work. Plus my dad would murder me if he saw the electric bill go up much more than it is. The CPU did not get above 130F out here, which is only 5-10F hotter than when in a somewhat air conditioned environment I had at my grandmothers house.

I say somewhat air conditioned because there isn't much a cheap Haler in-window air conditioner can do in the top floor of a 121 year old house with the insulation slid down the walls, sitting under at tin roof except keep the room around 80F in the summer around here. I don't really need air conditioning out here, but I had to have it in that room or on most days it would've been 110F+ up in that room with my computer and two CRT's going.