Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista laptop problems  (Read 2820 times)

two-dogs

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Vista laptop problems
    « on: September 30, 2010, 01:39:03 PM »
    Ok I have a problem with a vista laptop, and it wont boot up.  I tried to boot up in safe mode with no luck, however it did boot up once after I loaded the default option.  Now it just goes to the repair screen and in the operating system screen there is nothing there and asked for drivers, so now where can I get them.  I can download them on another computer but where are they found.   I also I would let you know that I have Acronis on the laptop and tryed to use the boot disk but nothing happens, does that mean that the hard drive is shot?  It tries to load I even get the Acronis loading screen but then it goes blank and does nothing......... any help on this .......thanks.........two-dogs     

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Vista laptop problems
    « Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 03:18:47 PM »
    I usually find performing a repair installation to be easier than trying to get into a NTFS file system with an inoperable OS to try to fix missing or corrupt files. If you have the restore media or an oem CD of vista, you should have a repair installation option which willprotect your personal data from being deleted such as a clean install would do. In the end you may only have to reinstall software with broken registry keys which is easy from a healthy OS to work from.

Hope you have disks so you can just perform repair install and make the fix an easy one. You can also 'borrow' a friends media as long as you activate the key that is located on the laptop against the repair install and not use your friends key. Nothing illegal in that as long as you use your key and no one elses.