Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NTLDR missing NTDETECT failed then BOOT.ini not loading Hard Drive  (Read 2957 times)

serino

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    i have changed the boot startup for cd in CMOS and used xp but it will not boot from the CD. the CD is ok the HD is ok i have a laptop with dual port and checked in ms-dos CHKDSK the hard drive has no fails. i have formated the hard drive with ms-dos and tryed checking but could not find a hidden partition. The CD works ok on my other laptop. i have transfered the files NTLDR and ALSO NTDETECT.COM onto the harddrive and then tryed and again and the next problem came up saying the BOOT.INI missing or CORRUPT NTDETECT.COM FAILED  ??? so now lost for completely this like a complete round in circles but i cant see a problem with the hard drive the laptop does have a floppy drive who does these days lol

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Re: NTLDR missing NTDETECT failed then BOOT.ini not loading Hard Drive
    « Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 06:25:13 AM »
    What exactly does it say on this XP CD ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

serino

Topic Starter

Re: NTLDR missing NTDETECT failed then BOOT.ini not loading Hard Drive
      « Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 07:09:17 AM »
      When using my spare Laptop it will load the the CD with no problems and ask for key either for an UPGRADE or NEW INSTALL but when you put the cd into the other laptop it just skip the cd i have also used a USB pen and tried using it as a boot drive and no luck either i am in the process of trying a new HD to see if that will work HOW DO I REMOVE THE OLD PARTITION ON THAT DRIVE to see if it will work ?