Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Alternatives to iTunes that WORK WITH THE iPAD?  (Read 6424 times)

cloudpoof

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Alternatives to iTunes that WORK WITH THE iPAD?
    « on: October 25, 2010, 07:44:54 PM »
    I've found and downloaded numerous alternatives, mainly because my iTunes/Quicktime won't work (see other post if you think you can help, please!), and they have all ended with the result of being deleted. Of course, I use Winamp for my iPod, but would appreciate greatly if there could be a program like iTunes with the ability to sync to all Apple products (coughcoughmyipadcough) and do all the things iTunes can, maybe more.

And it has to be free and downloadable, too, because I'm an Asian. :3 Of course, I could also torrent it.

I appreciate any help in advance.

mandyslater100

Re: Alternatives to iTunes that WORK WITH THE iPAD?
    « Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 05:36:14 AM »
    Have you tried VLC? It's free, and plays everything going. It's not an official port, and the folks behind VLC issued a takedown notice to Apple yesterday, so it might disappear from the appstore at any moment. Grab it while you can.

drizzle123

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 06:07:15 AM »
    Would you recommend getting an imac? or an i pad or mac book? i really dont know why to get i really need help!

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 06:10:21 AM »
    Would you recommend getting an imac? or an i pad or mac book? i really dont know why to get i really need help!

Start a new topic if you want help.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 06:12:29 AM »
    Have you tried VLC? It's free, and plays everything going. It's not an official port, and the folks behind VLC issued a takedown notice to Apple yesterday, so it might disappear from the appstore at any moment. Grab it while you can.

Where did you get this bogus information?

VideoLan hired Applidium to make an app for Apple iOS devices. It is an official port and will be in the App Store indefinitely.

I strongly suggest you try it. Works fabulously on my iPod Touch.