Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: screen problem  (Read 1391 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


  • Guest
screen problem
« on: October 31, 2010, 12:44:23 PM »
hi ,yesterday my monitor worked fine,,then hubby spilt wine over the key board,put another keyboard on ,but we get the same problem from both of them.i have an oblong box in the middle of my screen that says "volume"i cant do anything with it.tried de fraging .when i put the cursor over the cursor disapears behind the box.its only about 3-4 inches long and abt an inch depth.can any one suggest any thing please..ty jenny  but its very annoying when im trying to do things on the pc..


  • Thanked: 14
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Space and Science
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
  • OS: Unknown
Re: screen problem
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 05:03:56 PM »
Is this a laptop or a PC? Can you tell us what OS you are using e.g Vista, 7 and can you provide us with a screen shot of the screen as you see it please.
If you need help with any of those then please ask and we will help.

P.s welcome to Computerhope  ;)
For when the One Great Scorer comes
To write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost,
But how you played the game.

Owner of www.spaceandscience.co.uk and YouTube partner http://www.youtube.com/user/mulreay