Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Application cannot be execute . The file '...........' is infected??  (Read 5196 times)

courtneyrigby

Right so the other day an error message came up in my bottom left hand corner , saying the following :

Application cannot be executed. The file '...(whatever file i try to open)..' is infected. Do you want to activate your anti virus now?

There is also a frequent message pops up explaining my computer is being attacked by an internet virus. It says it could be a password-stealing attack, a trojan -dropper or similar. It asks me would i like to block this attack , and everytime i have clicked yes.

My anti virus is out of date and  my system will not let me open the application it to re-new .

I have downloaded , SUPERanti spy ware , Eraser 6.0.7 ,  Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and the service pack.

None of these applications will open.

I have also tried to make a new admin user account to system restore, will not let me make a new account.

It will not let me open anything on my system apart from the internet.

PLEASE HELP !!! i will be so greatful if someone can.

Thanks.

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Dribbling Pensioner
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Application cannot be execute . The file '...........' is infected??
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 06:42:14 AM »
go to below and TRY to download highjackthis rename it to snipper.exe first and then run it and post the log

also rename mbam to anything you want and try to run it and remove anything it finds and post the log

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html