Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I lost my files on my USB due to them losing their format somehow...  (Read 2063 times)

samforrest123

Hello all,

My driving instructor recently tried to add some files onto my USB stick but it got corrupted somehow, I'm not sure how. I managed to recover the data but then Word had an error message saying, " Word experienced an error trying to open this file. Try these suggestions . * Check the file permissions for the file or drive. * Make sure there is sufficient free memory and disk space. * Open the file with a text recovery converter". So I then downloaded a program called, 'Advanced Word Repair'. This program allowed me to recover of the data from my Word documents but it was in a different font, font size, the pictures weren't there and had various other things wrong with it. On most of the word documents it has a bunch of symbols amongst my work (??????††††). Can anyone please tell me if there is a better program I can download or whether it's possible at all for my work to have the same font, size, pictures and layout etc.

Thank you! Sam.