Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Work around for the WGA issue .....  (Read 13876 times)

dl65

Topic Starter
  • R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Work around for the WGA issue .....
    « on: August 05, 2005, 10:37:35 AM »
    Here's the work around that I was given by Microsoft .......   Remember this applies to only Win XP Home .....OEM versions.......

click .....start /control panel/Internet Options .......when IO properties opens ...click on the Program Tab.....go down to "Manage Add-ons" and click it .........now scroll down and locate the WINDOWS GENUINE ADVANTAGE entry .......hi-lite it ...now in the settings box put a mark in front of "disable" ......then click ok ........  return to the M/S update page and you will be able to download your updates ............

In an Email from Microsoft , they tell me that they are aware of the problem and have a team working on it and expect resolution this week.

cheers

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

merlin_2

Re: Work around for the WGA issue .....
    « Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 03:25:05 PM »
    Or is this another ploy for people to move up vista msofts new operation system?who knows!What a suspicious nature i have!

dl65

Topic Starter
    • R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 03:34:43 PM »
      merlin_2.......LOL ....you aren't a suspicous person are you ? ........ Apparently VISTA is due to be released some time next year . And who knows it may be better than xp .......we'll see.......

Cheers

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 03:35:02 PM »
      It is rather dubious that Windows becomes even more sensitive to  changes in hardware.