Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trojanbyte verify? (and hoax ?)  (Read 5856 times)

fadeappear

Trojanbyte verify? (and hoax ?)
« on: March 22, 2004, 11:07:29 AM »
Hi,

I'm a newbie and appreciate the help offered here. Two questions regarding viruses.

1) I fell for the jbgem hoax and deleted the "teddy bear". Is this something I need to work hard to re-install or can I forget about it if I don't work with Visual software?

2)
Surfing the web last night I got this message:

C:Documents and setting/Local Setting/Temporary Internet Files/Content…../Verifier bug [1] class is infected with the Trojan Byte verify virus. Access to the file was denied

When I ran a full system Symantec scan this morning Zero viruses were detected. But in the Reports the above message was listed, from last night. Did I delete this "Trojan Bug" when I emptied my temporary internet files cache?

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 02:54:44 PM by admin »

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Trojanbyte verify? (and hoax ?)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 03:11:38 PM »
First, in reguardes to the jdbgmgr.exe hoax, you can find additional information about this hoax as well as what to do if you have deleted this file at the below link.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000480.htm

In reguards to your second question it is likely by emptying your Internet cache that any virus or trojan that resided in that folder was also deleted. We would first highly recommend that you make sure your virus scanner is up to date. If it is up-to-date and no viruses are detected it is likely it is gone.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

fadeappear

Re: Trojanbyte verify? (and hoax ?)
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 07:13:37 PM »
great, thanks a lot, it's reassuring to know that people are out there to help