Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Into  (Read 10981 times)

hcooke

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Into
« on: November 30, 2010, 04:33:24 PM »
Hey everyone how goes it ?

Seen this site a bit, liked it and thought I'd join to check it out. 
Hobby tech approx 8 years, got my A+ Tech cert about a year and a half ago. 
I learned enough to realize what I DON'T know, but gave me the confidence to try more things and research things better.  Always want to be a better tech and learn faster easier ways of doing things.  A constant goal.

39, from Canada.  Still enjoy gaming, lately it's cod4mw and cod black ops pc versions. 

Lately my little brothers gave me 2 non-working laptops (plus a customer gave me a trashed laptop same model as one my little brother gave).  I was able to make 2 working laptops and learned a bit there too.  Score :)

Main Rig, 'the intel dragon'. - designed for stability, bit of gaming & vid conversion, possible home studio, cpu power when needed, future compatibility and overclock friendly should I go that route.

CPU: Intel Core i5-750 - 2.66 Ghz 8mb L3 cache Quad-Core
RAM: 8gb Corsair XMS3 Dual-Channel DDR3 1333mhz   10666 data rate
HDD: 200G Seagate Barricuda 7200 rpm Sata
Vid : XFX Radeon HD 5770 1gb DDR5  Pci-e2x16
Screen: a) Samsung 50" Plasma PN50C540 via hdmi.      b) Dell UltraSharp 1908FP 19" LCD 5ms
Sound: Creative SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum  (internal patch bay and midi-port disabled for now)
Speakers/Headphones: Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers and sub.      Headset: Logitech
Keyd: Logitech Internet 350
Mouse: Microsoft Razer Habu 2000 dpi gaming mouse.
Mouse Surface: plexiglass coffee table top that pops out in front of 50inch hi def tv  :)
Mobo: Asus P7H55-M Pro    Intel H55 chipset.
PSU: Corsair Gaming Series GS600 , 48watt on the 12 volt rail, sli capable

Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Computer Case:EagleTech Dragon Game Chassis. 
Wish I had links to the case but basically a black mid size with carry handle, aluminum front swing door with large dragon that lights up in blue (as does the word 'dragon'), matching the fans and psu lights inside.

I'm an XP pro fan, still getting used to 7.
Cheers and thanks for your help in the past :)

Quantos

Guru
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Into
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 07:59:03 PM »
That looks like a nice system, but I urge you NOT to overclock.  Overclocking generates more heat, heat is your computers enemy.
Evil is an exact science.

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 06:21:07 AM »
Welcome to the site and looks like you've got some good experience under you belt and a good system. Overclocking can definitely cause overheating, however, if done right and with proper cooling can be a good learning experience.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

hcooke

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 10:59:59 AM »
Thanks Quantos and CH Admin for the o/c advice :)

I hear you, overclocking, I've never done it, except for the 'soft' ways in the new pc, auto-tune on my vid card and turbo mode on the cpu.
My power button can also be instant o/c button.   Doing the soft ways, I wouldn't learn anything.  It would be interesting to learn to tweak
the real way, but wouldn't want to cook a part either lol.

I consider myself just knowing basics compared to many of you in here, probably some of you have forgotten more then I know.

Cheers :)