Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sims 3/CPU + CPU Speed?  (Read 4665 times)

snowpatrolchlo

Sims 3/CPU + CPU Speed?
« on: December 29, 2010, 10:49:16 AM »
Hey guys!
I'm a complete Sims geek, and I actually bought a new laptop in order to play the game on Monday. (Thank god for xmas sales!)
It reaches all the specs, minus the cpu and cpu speed. I'm a total doofus when it comes to game specs, but using the canyourunit website, it says that

"   
CPU
Minimum: (XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista/7) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.]
You Have: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 900 @ 2.20GHz"

and the CPU Speed
"CPU Speed
Minimum: (XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista/7) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.]
You Have: 2.19 GHz"

As I've said, I'm a complete tool when it comes to pc game specs, but I've been informed, (rightly or wrongly), that a low cpu speed will just make the game a wee tad slow. I'm okay with a wee bit of lagging, but not a major amount. Heres the rest of my system specs for good measure-

Model-Dell Inspiron1545@
Processor-Intel (R)Celerom(R) CPU 900 @2.20GHZ 2.19 GHz
RAM-2.00 GB
System type- 64-OPERATING SYSTEM

ANd the game specs-
FOR WINDOWS XP

* 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
* 1 GB RAM
* 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
* The latest version of DirectX 9.0c
* Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
* At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games

FOR WINDOWS VISTA

* 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
* 1.5 GB RAM
* 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
* Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1
* At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games

For computers using built-in graphics chipsets under Windows, the game requires at least:

* Intel Integrated Chipset, GMA 3-Series or above
* 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent
* 0.5 GB additional RAM

THe laptop is a dell inspiron 1545 on WiNdows seven,if that helps. So whats the verdict? Do you think I could play it?

Thanks very very much for reading, and any help would be greatly appriciated!!

SPC :D ;D