Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The Definitive Best Anti Virus Thread  (Read 330937 times)

niketathakare

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: The Definitive Best Anti Virus Thread
    « Reply #45 on: January 08, 2019, 03:26:43 AM »
    AVG
    AVG has a generous free offering with basic malware protection, ransomware protection and more. Our favorite feature from the free plan is AVG’s Secure Browser, a Chromium interface with pre-installed extensions like an ad blocker, cookie cleaner and password manager.

The browser, which is the same as Avast Secure Browser, stands out from other antiviruses. It’s a familiar interface that increases your speed and keeps you protected. As long as you can go without Google integration, Secure Browser isn’t a bad option.

Bitdefender
    Bitdefender is our benchmark antivirus for features. If it wasn’t for AVG TuneUp, it would easily take first place in this round. However, it’ll have to settle for second. It nips at the heels of AVG with performance profiles, safe online banking and Bitdefender Photon.

NNEagle

Beginner

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2019, 12:06:40 AM »
      Kaspersky for me.
      Eagle

J_Brown

Rookie

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2019, 04:58:37 AM »
        It seems that Windows 10 built-in defence system works quite well, but special software is still necessary.
        By the way, are there any fresh reviews or comparison of anti-virus software?

J_Brown

Rookie

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2019, 10:22:47 AM »
          A small update: I`ve found relatively fresh comparison of most popular software
          https://thinkmobiles.com/blog/best-free-antimalware/
          It seems to be reliable and neutral enough - they even mentioned such negative features as lot of ads and pop-ups (for Avast, for instance)

TYP_CLN

Starter

• Yes
          « Reply #49 on: April 17, 2019, 01:35:34 AM »
          I've been using Avast "Free" antivirus for I don't know how long and now I've been thinking of getting a subscription, as we all know viruses have already stepped up and I personally think that my free antivirus can no longer catch up or protect me on an extensive level like a monthly or yearly subscription can provide.

Stas_T

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
            « Reply #50 on: May 28, 2019, 09:29:42 AM »
            I used Avast Free for around 3 years in a row with no issues. Lately, their marketing became too aggressive though.