Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sonic Wall or Fortinet  (Read 2991 times)

LAM168

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Experience: Experienced
    Sonic Wall or Fortinet
    « on: December 27, 2010, 02:28:16 PM »
    I have internet access in our company set up through our domain server's group policy. Recently many employees have been dropped from their level and have put in the default policy. The default policy is very restricted. I have an outside IT company that is managing the firewall and they are very slow at resolving this issue. Every time an employeed has a problem they have to manually log them onto the firewall to regain access.
    We are using a sonicwall. the Firmware has been updated recently.

Has anyone heard of this problem? Should I not have their access set up in group policy?  We are running slow since we started this new login process.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Sonic Wall or Fortinet
    « Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 08:02:54 PM »
    First of all, our consulting firm does not have an expert in that specific area. Perhaps somebody on the forum can handle your specific questions. But meanwhile, you may wish to consider getting another consulting firm or at least preparing yourself to be more aggressive with the firm you now have.
    To that end, here are a couple of videos that are free and are supported by Microsoft on their website. The Microsoft support site is an excellent source of free information about group management and other issues that can be important in your enterprise. May I suggest you or one of your peers watch some of these videos and perhaps get some ideas about how to address your issues with your network consultant.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/using-group-policy-to-set-default-printers-in-windows-7.aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ee526426

Please excuse any typographic errors or grammar mistakes. This was done in a hurry using speech recognition software under Windows.

LAM168

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 10:31:05 AM »
      I have been agressive and on top of things here. I have also had 2 quotes from different companies this year. To replace our IT management is not a small task as you may think. We have a very complicated network. In the meantime while we replace this company I thought we could resolve the issue on site.

I just thought I would give this site a try since you all call yourselves experts!!    :o

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 12:24:24 PM »
      Thanks for the replay. :)
      This thread is still open.
      Check back later and see if an expert shows up.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 02:32:03 PM »
      I just thought I would give this site a try since you all call yourselves experts!!    :o

This is a Computer Help Forum, not a free industry-standard consulting service.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

LAM168

Topic Starter

Rookie
        « Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 02:39:02 PM »
        You're right! My mistake.