Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: lil x's  (Read 12860 times)

tiney2

lil x's
« on: June 23, 2004, 01:46:17 PM »
I have a computer that is approx 8 yrs old. I had so much spyware that I dumped my puter with a system recover disc ( going back to day1) I added my spysweeper disc than I reinstalled my yahoo dsl. I scanned for windows updates and did that. Now on websites I can see thins but some things have lil boxes with lil x's in them. For example if you goto marktwainboats.org the top left of the screen i have an x. At the bottom of the screen Wheere it says make payment by paypal theres an x left of it. On the top of the page right under the first blue strip theres 3 x's. the first red strip where it says your messenger to the left of that theres one and the second blue strip where it says mark twain board to the left of that is one. Please someone help!!! email me pease. Someone says I have java problems. If you cant help me please refer me somewhere. Im LOST!!!  

my email [email protected]

this web site also....when i start new topic and it says *censored* smileys.....i see words but all x's next to words

Raptor

Re: lil x's
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 03:03:52 PM »
You know, just posting this in one forum part would have been enough.

tiney2

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 10:15:30 AM »
raptor can you please help me? I didnt mean to cause no harm. My boss is going to make me get rid of my puter if I dont get it lined out. Please a lil help would be greatly appreciated

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 10:45:46 AM »
If you are running short of time before you meet the deadline and have to turn in your computer, best would be to format your computer and reinstall whatever Operating System you wish to use.

If not, you may wish to uninstall and then reinstall Internet Explorer. If you attempt do so, use a program such as Regseeker to clean your registry to make sure that reinstalling your browser will have a better chance of working.

What exactly is Yahoo DSL?

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/regseeker.html - Regseeker - Freeware

Or you can look into another browser. Mozilla Firefox for example. This will NOT replace Internet Explorer, it will function on it's own.

You can also set Firefox to function as your standard browser.

I donot know if this will please your employer. You can, however, use this as a temporary solution until you can get your original browser repaired.

Or completely forget about Internet Explorer and move on with Firefox. It is much more user friendly.

http://texturizer.net/firefox/ - Firefox - Freeware