Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: This is an interesting concept  (Read 2786 times)

truenorth

Topic Starter

Guru

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: This is an interesting concept
    « Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 01:34:20 PM »
    interesting concept, but from what I gather, sites would have to fully cooperate; they're rather sketchy on the details of the whole thing, but the whole "shared-key" thing doesn't really work so well unless the site itself promises to never look at the decoded data; either that, or it becomes browser-side and thus needs javascript.

And of course if the information is posted elsewhere, or the data from the facebook (or other participating page) is copied or, more likely, archived, that archived data will be the decoded text (unless, again, they use a client-side solution of scripts) so I imagine there would be some kinks to work out. Personally I sort of question the necessity of such a thing, but I don't use facebook or twitter or any of those sites, so maybe I'm just not hip enough to get it :P
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

truenorth

Topic Starter

Guru

Re: This is an interesting concept
      « Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 03:03:06 PM »
      Nor do I "but I don't use facebook or twitter or any of those sites, so maybe I'm just not hip enough to get it" but it was the "downstream" statements of where it "might " lead to in terms of an expanded use that i found interesting. Given that there is NOT a functioning product available yet i feel certain the developers shall persist as i see a great desire for this. Yes to be effective it will need to recognize and deal with the limitations you are noting. However the already demonstrated technological marvels we have witnessed leads me to believe with confidence this shall come to pass. truenorth