Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: San Disk SDHC formating  (Read 2408 times)

zeroburn

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Knowlege will take you further than any guide
    • Yes
    • Jared Kat Enterprises
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
San Disk SDHC formating
« on: January 03, 2011, 10:31:55 AM »
Hello everyone. I have a 4 gb San Disk SDHC card that is not recognized by my camera that i have. the Kodak EasyShare z760. I have formated the card in both FAT file types, and the camera does not recognize.

The camera offeres to format, I select yes, It warns me that it will erase, I click Continue, then it says the disk needs to be formated. The disk works fine on my computeres, running vista and win-7.

the disk does not have its lock on, i tried both ways, but is still has yet to work.

I am confused as a person can be. Any help apreciated
I consider myself a hacker. Not in the way of "I can break into your facebook" but in the way, I like to learn as much as I can, about anything i can. I don't just like having things fixed, I like to understand why it was broken and why a particular solution fixed it. It is just how I am, and how I will always be. As teachers have said before, you cant learn if you don't figure it out in your own mind.

Salmon Trout

Re: San Disk SDHC formating
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 01:08:09 PM »
This camera is a 5 year old model, it does not support SDHC type cards. Only regular SD cards. (They are different)

http://www.fixya.com/support/t3333543-use_sdhc_memory_card_kodak_z760

zeroburn

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Knowlege will take you further than any guide
    • Yes
    • Jared Kat Enterprises
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 01:10:05 PM »
Ok, thanks, I have read through the manual very well, and i noticed it did not have anything to say about the sdhc card. Thanks.
I consider myself a hacker. Not in the way of "I can break into your facebook" but in the way, I like to learn as much as I can, about anything i can. I don't just like having things fixed, I like to understand why it was broken and why a particular solution fixed it. It is just how I am, and how I will always be. As teachers have said before, you cant learn if you don't figure it out in your own mind.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 01:16:11 PM »
In these pictures you can see the different SD and SDHC logos

SDHC

SD