Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request  (Read 129189 times)

ridhwan

Topic Starter

Beginner

Please help me out..I am getting hard time for this particular Error ASAP...How can I resolved this issue on server (Step by step in detail)

Thank u

Lotuscather

Try the followings, hope help you!
    1) Check the DNS settings on both servers and clients, and correct any
    errors.

2) It is better to load on protocol, TCP/IP only.

3) If you have mixed network
    , setup WINS server or install NetBIOS over
    TCP/IP on W2K/XP instead of loading NetBEUI.

4) Also make sure that Domain Controllers register their DOMAIN<1C> NetBIOS
    names with the WINS Server.

5) The fix is to use hybrid node instead of p-node or m-node.

6) If the network is configured to use for NetBIOS name resolution but the
    client hasn't been set manually, it could be set through a DHCP release
    option 46.

7) Apply service pack.

ridhwan

Topic Starter

Beginner

Thank u..little more light on particular issue... :)

faragas

Greenhorn
        • Experience: Beginner
        Try the followings, hope help you!
        1) Check the DNS settings on both servers and clients, and correct any
        errors.

2) It is better to load on protocol, TCP/IP only.

3) If you have mixed network
        , setup WINS server or install NetBIOS over
        TCP/IP on W2K/XP instead of loading NetBEUI.

4) Also make sure that Domain Controllers register their DOMAIN<1C> NetBIOS
        names with the WINS Server.

5) The fix is to use hybrid node instead of p-node or m-node.

6) If the network is configured to use for NetBIOS name resolution but the
        client hasn't been set manually, it could be set through a DHCP release
        option 46.

7) Apply service pack.

Also check the  time on both client and server (should be the same)

red400r

Did you resolve this problem? I'm now experiencing this and it's a right pain...

Doug Vitale

Beginner

• Was that so hard?
          • Doug Vitale Tech Blog
        • Experience: Expert
        Did you resolve this problem? I'm now experiencing this and it's a right pain...

Try to figure out if the problem is affecting certain users or certain computers.

Check the Event Logs on both the client PC and the domain controller. Are there any Event IDs you can research?

This sounds more like an Active Directory/DC server problem, but you should first ensure that the client PC is not at fault. First log on the problematic Windows client machines with the local administrator account and ensure that these hosts can communicate properly with the apprpriate domain controller (e.g., use the ping command to verify connectivity), then remove the computer from the domain and add it back in. Is the problem still occurring? If so, temporarily disable all the security-related software (firewall, antivirus, antispyware, etc.) on the clients and try again.

If the problem is still occurring, you need to start checking the DC and Active Directory (for example, check that the relevant Computer objects are in the right Active Directory sites to ensure they are trying to contact the appropriate domain controllers). Here are two Microsoft pages to get you started:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949048

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archive/2007/09/25/troubleshooting-server-hangs-part-one.aspx
        (http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archive/2007/09/25/troubleshooting-server-hangs-part-two.aspx, etc.).