Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PLEASE Help - Graphics may be dead  (Read 6169 times)

mroilfield

Mentor
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: PLEASE Help - Graphics may be dead
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 08:40:13 AM »
It was DVI Adapter to PC/TV Cord

What is a PC/TV Cord?

When we say "give us just the facts" we don't need to know you got your cable back from the cable company when they worked on your box. This is useless info and just helps to add to the confusion.

This is what I have gathered from my questions.

1. Exactly what kind of cable did you have hooked up last time it worked?  DVI
2. What kind of cable did you try to switch to?  VGA
3. What kind of cable are you now trying to get to work?   HDMI

Have you tried the DVI cable again?
You can't fix Stupid!!!

deargodpleasehelp

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 08:46:54 AM »
What is a PC/TV Cord?

When we say "give us just the facts" we don't need to know you got your cable back from the cable company when they worked on your box. This is useless info and just helps to add to the confusion.

This is what I have gathered from my questions.

1. Exactly what kind of cable did you have hooked up last time it worked?  DVI
2. What kind of cable did you try to switch to?  VGA
3. What kind of cable are you now trying to get to work?   HDMI

Have you tried the DVI cable again?

I am currently looking for it, though I'm not sure where I put it, my room is kinda messy :P

and sorry about the extra data, I just wanted to give the information incase anybody wanted to ask How and why.

Sorry!

talontromper

Hopeful
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 08:55:38 AM »
OK, well when you find it, give it a try and post back what the results are.
"One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time." - Andre Gide

deargodpleasehelp

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2011, 09:22:44 AM »
OK, well when you find it, give it a try and post back what the results are.

I didn't find it yet, but I will still have to be sure that it fully works though,
there is one thing I found to be interesting, in the 'Sources' list in the Samsung TV Menu, it shows the HDMI 1 source input to be PC, which is right under PC. So the VGA cable (which is accessible, even though not hooked up to anything now), is PC PC, and HDMI 1 (which is my PC's HDMI cable) Is not accessible, though it still shows up in the Menus list... What the heck?

I know this all seems confusing, but I hope it's useful in some way...

Hope this info proved usefull...

deargodpleasehelp

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 10:36:46 AM »
Alright, got the DVI link cord, it was bundled upon some of some other cords around here...

I got it hooked up, If I switch to cable and then back, The PC input still shows up! (success!)

Although now that I see that VGA isn't really so good on my PC (considering I had it hooked up when unable to use HDMI or anything to see PC screen), it only had a Max resolution of 1360 x 768, my standard desktop resolution.

And for some weird reason, I've never seen anything like this before,
but if I switch out of the 1360 x 768 Resolution, the screen becomes blurry, fuzzy(suppose something to do with refresh rate, idk, these wavy lines zig-zagging in cm small sizes on screen) and for some unexplainable reason, dims the display darker...  ???
The only 2 resolutions I've found that don't mess anything up are: 1360 x 768 and 1280 x 800... This is an LCD TV, and 720p (1280 x 720) is it's Native Res. Though for some reason, it simply doesn't accept it, it just does the same thing I said it previously did if I changed the Resolution to other than the listed ones that work...

What's wrong?

Settings on TV: Display Mode: Standard. 'Game Mode': On. And the last setting I think to be concerned about is  Source is through an HDMI cable to DVI, if confusing enough.

Also as an advantage, this TV came SW/FW Upgradable, as it has a USB 2.0 Port on the back, and in the Menus it says it can be upgraded through USB, I haven't found anything similar or whatever for software updates, this isn't exactly my TV so I don't really know the Model...

So if you know anything let me know. Thank you.

mroilfield

Mentor
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 12:09:09 PM »
This is an LCD TV, and 720p (1280 x 720) is it's Native Res. Though for some reason, it simply doesn't accept it, it just does the same thing I said it previously did if I changed the Resolution to other than the listed ones that work...

Does your video card support that resolution?

this isn't exactly my TV so I don't really know the Model...

You can get close enough to the TV to hook up the cables but since it isn't exactly your TV you can't find the information label that should be on the back to find out what model of TV it is???

If you have gone thru enough settings in the TV to find out that it is SW/FW upgradable then surely you found the setting that gives you all teh info about the TV? Or at least found the label on the back that gives you info about the TV.
You can't fix Stupid!!!

deargodpleasehelp

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 04:58:21 PM »
Does your video card support that resolution?

Yes, indeed it DOES support up to 1920 x 1080, it's Max/Reported Resolution by Samsung itself, so-to-speak.
My graphics processor actually supports 2560 x 2000 or something if I am correct, but this resolution DID work before, before I switched cables and all... etc/whatever...

If you have gone thru enough settings in the TV to find out that it is SW/FW upgradable then surely you found the setting that gives you all teh info about the TV? Or at least found the label on the back that gives you info about the TV.

On the side I've only found my Serial Number, (Which I'm not going to expose here...) and the TV's 'Model CODE', I think, but that's useless considering most TV's come with a Model ID/No; or at least some kind of proper identification. Though both of the information seems sort of exposing, thus I will not post them here.

Rear of the TV, Though,  provides nothing that I can see usefull either, just a bunch of Electrical Warnings... :p

/Off Topic, sorta-related: Through a vent hole on the top right, if I look through I see an image, more-ly a bright light, if put into an image, is grey-and white with some distorted colors, somehow resembles a Macintosh Classic... Don't ask me how, wonder if this is the backlight... Hmmm, well my TV likes to burn in Pictures on me, even if viewing from Cable-Input (Standard Cable TV)... It's weird, this TV isn't too old at all, this just started to get more really noticable in end of 2010, I recieved it in mid-2010, it was a used TV, (though brought originally New) Used for only a year or a half, I doubt it's still under warranty.

What I'm talking about is what appears to be called 'Image Persistance' when an image seems to burn-in or get 'stuck' in, and doesn't go away unless left on a white screen for a while. (My desktop is white, but the image still 'persists'!!)  ???

mroilfield

Mentor
    • Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 10:41:10 PM »
Ok so you some how think giving the serial number or model info of your TV is too exposing and you won't give them here. Do you think we are going to some how use this info to hack into your TV? Even if some one was able to hack into your TV what on the earth do you think they would be able to do then?

Well just saying it is a Samsung TV doesn't give us much info so we can possibly check into the TV itself to see if maybe it is the problem.

First you started off saying that it "Wasn't exactly your TV" then you turn around and say it was given to you. So is it your TV or not.

There are just too many inconsistencies and your un-willingness to give info that we can actually use is now causing me to step out of this.

Good luck

You can't fix Stupid!!!

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2011, 06:37:22 AM »

There are just too many inconsistencies and your un-willingness to give info that we can actually use is now causing me to step out of this.

@mroilfield, That's starting to be the response of alot of members of this forum. I refer you to your own signature.  ;)
11 cheers for binary !

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 06:53:51 AM »
First you started off saying that it "Wasn't exactly your TV" then you turn around and say it was given to you. So is it your TV or not.

Good luck

Don't blame you one bit.

deargodpleasehelp

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 01:48:11 PM »
See what I mean? Nobody wants to help me on this! This is bot-crap!

If you guys were really useful, (which you should make yourselves) you can go fetch me a new TV, cheerio. ;)

Fine, I'll provide some additional info to this...

Side Tag:

Version: PP01
Serial No. : AH6S3CPP300098B
Model Code: LNT3242HX/XAA

So have it, I was only not wanting to give this info out myself because I was thinking I could be tracked (I'm sorry I'm just paranoid!!! forgive me)

Alright I give up. Apparently my ... TV must be obsolete, I can't find it on the official SAMSUNG site, nor can I seem to find any relevant results either...
Aghhh!!!!

SWEARING REMOVED --

« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 3:49:14 PM by Allan »

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 01:58:51 PM »
If you guys were really useful, (which you should make yourselves)
I do, quite often, with members that aren't a pain in the rear.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

deargodpleasehelp

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 03:52:47 PM »
I do, quite often, with members that aren't a pain in the rear.

Well then you know what?

That wasn't a very helpfull post, nor was it very fowarding of the situation to make this any easier...
::sigh::

/Request topic deletion

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2011, 04:43:17 PM »
That wasn't a very helpfull post, nor was it very fowarding of the situation to make this any easier...
::sigh::
I'm quite aware of that. At this point I have no intent of helping you, so assuming that I will is rather foolish. I am under no obligation to do so; nor to make your "situation any easier".

P.S: IRC commands don't work in the forum.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.