Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The directory or file C: is corrupt or unreadable Please run chdsk utility  (Read 48187 times)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: The directory or file C: is corrupt or unreadable Please run chdsk utility
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 01:59:09 PM »
When chkdsk /r completes it always reports have found and repaired one or more errors. If you didn't see that message I suggest you may not have run chkdsk /r

chkdsk does not always state that it "found and repaired one or more errors" one particular case in which it might neglect to do so is if there were no errors to report, at which point it simply states that "chkdsk has checked the drive and found no errors" or a message to that effect.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 02:02:50 PM »
I do not insist. If you're certain you did follow that procedure that's fine. I just want to make sure it's been done. Thank you.

silverknight

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 02:48:05 PM »
    There were errors, for sure, I saw them, but it was hard to read since the computer reboots.  What other software can I use?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 03:17:20 PM »
    Whoa - time warp. You're responding to a post in your thread from a year ago?

silverknight

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 07:18:39 PM »
      Sure I am; let me say this, I still haven't replaced the drive.  :)
       Interestingly, Seatools for DOS claims, the drive is fine, I did a long and short SMART test.

The drive doesn't want to quit but those error messages don't quit either.

So theres only one thing I can try, and thats reformatting and starting fresh, perhaps it'll work otherwise I'll have to give in and finally replace it.