Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DjRunner & SVC Host  (Read 11077 times)

Lolly

DjRunner & SVC Host
« on: June 24, 2004, 05:46:57 AM »
After just getting rid of the GAOBOT virus last week & every other poosible virus i've just found out that these two "djrunner.exe and svchost.exe" didnt disappear..

Cant find a solution for them anywhere.. Im using Norton AntiVirus Software & ive tried Stinger on them (neither of them are detecting the viruses)

Have any of ye guys had encounters with either of these? If so, how did you go about getting rid of them?

I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to viruses etc.. so ALL help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Raptor

Re: DjRunner & SVC Host
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 05:53:11 AM »
Svchost.exe is a system function, I donot think you can remove or want to remove that.

However, what DJrunner.exe is, I donot know.

According to the forums Google has shown me whilst searching for 'djrunner.exe ' this post seemed to have helped out a person who was 'infected' by djrunner.exe

I was able (it appears) to disinfect a home system (sitting behind a firewall) from djrunner2 by deleting the /bin directory that it was in and deleting a rtdx11??.dat file, an exe beginning with cdg... and all relevant registry entries.

Joleen

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 06:49:59 AM »
You can dig through this thread from another forum..

http://computercops.biz/posts30937-30.html

Lolly

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 08:16:14 AM »
Thanks for the links but i honestly am still lost. Im not sure what to delete, im afraid in case i delete something important..

Joleen

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 09:01:44 AM »
im afraid in case i delete something important

Q: What's the worst that could happen?
A: Your system blows up and you're horribly burned and scarred, relying on others to care for your basic necessities.

Since this is unlikely (you might have to format your computer and start again) I'd say follow the advice in the other thread.  You might be able to figure it out and post the fix here for others.

Lolly

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2004, 09:13:27 AM »
Q: What's the worst that could happen?
A: Your system blows up and you're horribly burned and scarred, relying on others to care for your basic necessities.

Since this is unlikely (you might have to format your computer and start again) I'd say follow the advice in the other thread.  You might be able to figure it out and post the fix here for others.

Oh just forget it, if anybody else (dl65, raptor or any of the other members that i have respect for) have an answer of think they can help me, i'd really appreciate it.  If not, then so be it.

Thanks

Lolly

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2004, 09:14:33 AM »
Svchost.exe is a system function, I donot think you can remove or want to remove that.

However, what DJrunner.exe is, I donot know.

According to the forums Google has shown me whilst searching for 'djrunner.exe ' this post seemed to have helped out a person who was 'infected' by djrunner.exe

Raptor, svchost.exe is a type of virus too.. Ive found that out from my searches on google. I came across the post you mentioned when searching for djrunner.exe on google too but im completely lost on what to do!

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2004, 09:14:40 AM »
If you are affraid of deleting something that may be important to keep your computer functioning, you can always make a system restore before proceeding.

Lolly

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2004, 09:29:05 AM »
I'd just like to correct myself there, the virus is scvhost.exe.. it's disguised as this so when you look at your processes you will think its svchost.exe

The c & v are reversed. Think i've found an answer for this on another forum. If the solution works, ill post it here.

Raptor

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2004, 10:05:22 AM »
I find it strange that Norton does not detect these viruses.

Did you update Norton by enabling Live Update and trying to update manually?

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Perhaps Trend Micro is able to assist you.

http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php

You may also try AVG Anti-Virus. I have never tried this program, but I have seen forum members recommend it.

If you have allready tried these solutions, I suggest you either wait for the (much) more experienced members to come online or contact one of the Anti-virus companies technical support.

Joleen

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2004, 10:09:37 AM »
If you are affraid of deleting something that may be important to keep your computer functioning, you can always make a system restore before proceeding

Exactly my point.  So you might lose some data.. big deal.  In the big scheme of things you'll probably come out ahead with new knowledge.

I fondly remember my first format.. I was so scared to type in those words.. Format C:

Lolly

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2004, 10:13:02 AM »
Thanks Raptor, I find it completely strange too why Norton isnt picking this up. The Live Updates are working fine since getting rid of Gaobot and ive done Housecall & AVG on it but not picking up anything either..

Might try Norton's support. Do you know if they give support via email? Thanks for your help

Raptor

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2004, 10:35:55 AM »
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/support_options.html

Judging from their prices, it would be less costly to format.

However, if you really wish to resolve this situation you can try to contact Trend Micro or AVG Technical support.